Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

This will be my first time taking in a game or even going to Oak Ridge since living in East TN.  Plan to get there early, any recommendations on a good place to eat before the game? 

As as far as football, I'm sure the Irish will try to control the line of scrimmage first. O line needs to get off to a quick start and get a good push.   Watched some film tonight with my son on OR really impressed with how they follow the ball and overall D speed.  O line going to have to stay with blocks.  

14 hours ago, catswild said:

It doesn't matter if almost all of their players are from Knoxville! How many Knoxville public schools have kids from all over Knoxville? The kids who play for Farragut I must assume live in the Farragut area. The kids who play for Carter I must assume live in the Strawberry Plains area, etc, etc, etc....... Am I wrong? The kids who play for OR live in OR!  And by the way....Catholic's BEST player didn't live in Tennessee last year and their second best player lives in Roane County.

Fulton has or had kids from all over Knox. County at one time or another since they went on that 3 state title run. Alcoa has 2 Freshman from Carter, 1 kid that played at Fulton last yr. Your OR wild cats have a really good Freshman that be a special player in the next 3yrs that lives 1/2 mile from Clinton High School. He recruited/talked into going to OR by a coach at OR. There's several others that are zoned for Clinton and AC. OR kid is my lil cousin. So I know all about him. So OR isn't as clean of a program as you think.

Edited by Eaglesfan00

12 minutes ago, tucker52 said:

This will be my first time taking in a game or even going to Oak Ridge since living in East TN.  Plan to get there early, any recommendations on a good place to eat before the game? 

As as far as football, I'm sure the Irish will try to control the line of scrimmage first. O line needs to get off to a quick start and get a good push.   Watched some film tonight with my son on OR really impressed with how they follow the ball and overall D speed.  O line going to have to stay with blocks.  

Most folks go to Big Ed's Pizza (http://www.bigedspizzaoakridge.com/) or you can go to Dean's (http://www.deansrestaurantandbakery.com/) for a home cooked type meal. Both of them are across the street from the stadium so you can eat and walk to the game.

• Like 1

The nfhs network is 9.95 a month I think so not terrible. You can watch replays and highlights so if you plan to get it and want to watch film on Catholic or anyone else who's on it not a bad deal.... Catholic has a big line and big line backers but they tend to get up field and create gaps that quick backs tends to exploit better than more power backs. If I remember the quick back at OR is shorter not small just short and real quick. For Catholic fans I believe he has Bussel type speed. For Catholics Offense I believe getting Brown going is key. I love this kid and I know Catholic has a big line but he still seems to break three tackles and falls forward every run. His stats aren't  crazy cause he was out half the year. Bussel runs jet sweeps and you can ask Maryville about those. Cam Blakely is a big receiver headed to Miami OH not blazing speed but is a huge target...one big thing to watch if the game is close in the 4th quarter Catholic plays ALOT of ppl both ways and could hurt them cause they don't seem to play 4 qrts very often. Kickers are both good for Catholic. Last but not least the qb is very good but has a sore wing and I like what I've seen from the back up. Any questions I'm happy to answer might be tomorrow before I do. O and before I go please kick off to Bussel not sure how many more I'll get to see but always a delight ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I'm just a simple Jesus follower, but I still have a lot of screws loose and am pretty effed up all the way around. Being a human is tough. With that said, I'm glad NFHS is showing this game, because this ole poor boy will be in Jawja on Friday night!

SS you are my kind of effed up bro. I too will be watching the game on NFHS if they show it. Have fun with little Sweetness.

As of right now, I will not be posting during the game. I have a neighbor who is sick and tired of me talking about Oak Ridge and wants to finally see what the fuss is about and I have invited him into my Wildcat den. He grew up in Red Bank so he know good football when he sees it. RWR!

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

SS you are my kind of effed up bro. I too will be watching the game on NFHS if they show it. Have fun with little Sweetness.

As of right now, I will not be posting during the game. I have a neighbor who is sick and tired of me talking about Oak Ridge and wants to finally see what the fuss is about and I have invited him into my Wildcat den. He grew up in Red Bank so he know good football when he sees it. RWR!

Same to you my friend!

Eaglesfan00: your cousin living 1/2 mile from Clinton HS clearly puts him outside OR city limits. Please report this infraction and ant deemed recruiting violations to either 6he Clinton AD or directly to the tssaa. Some of us pay hefty taxes here in town and I for one don't want someone from out of town being educated on my dime. Football player or not. Thank you for your concern and I will be looking forward to this infraction being resolved.

4 hours ago, atrisk said:

Eaglesfan00: your cousin living 1/2 mile from Clinton HS clearly puts him outside OR city limits. Please report this infraction and ant deemed recruiting violations to either 6he Clinton AD or directly to the tssaa. Some of us pay hefty taxes here in town and I for one don't want someone from out of town being educated on my dime. Football player or not. Thank you for your concern and I will be looking forward to this infraction being resolved.

Lol.......