Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

1 hour ago, WildcatRealist said:

"...but anyone could see the difference in the players." Really...I couldn't. Does anyone that attended the game think that Catholic had THAT MUCH of a talent advantage? I attribute their victory to superior coaching (scheme) and execution.

There’s a fool in every crowd.......

Your problem with the coach, or coaches, is well documented. If you attended the game last night, and still make these comments, you’re not worthy of a response. 

27 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

"Superior coaching scheme" Lol There was no superior coaching scheme. Catholic won because they have a little bit better players, made fewer mistakes, and won the special teams battle by a long shot, period. Superior coaching scheme's a$# SMH 

If you will, please reread my post.I said "superior coaching (scheme) and EXECUTION. SweetScience, you just defined SUPERIOR EXECUTION. As far as scheme, those around me sure grew restless as the Wildcats went down 28-6 and the coaching staff continued to use the full play clock every down to call the next play from the sidelines. Could they have possibly have wasted any more time? I call that coaching (scheme).

22 minutes ago, WildcatRealist said:

If you will, please reread my post.I said "superior coaching (scheme) and EXECUTION. SweetScience, you just defined SUPERIOR EXECUTION. As far as scheme, those around me sure grew restless as the Wildcats went down 28-6 and the coaching staff continued to use the full play clock every down to call the next play from the sidelines. Could they have possibly have wasted any more time? I call that coaching (scheme).

Well, it's tough to lose your SR kicker right before the game and have a kid step into the limelight in the 3rd round of the playoffs and expect him to execute very well, especially one that hasn't kicked all year long in an important time in a varsity ball game. That definitely wasn't on the coaches, but just bad luck on our end. I'm not going to sit here and bash the coaches for taking a little bit too much time for calling in plays. That's not the reason we lost the game. And it probably wouldn't even be in the top 5 reasons as to why we did. Like atrisk said though, you're entitled to your opinion.

Edited by SweetScience

12 minutes ago, WildcatRealist said:

, those around me sure grew restless as the Wildcats went down 28-6 and the coaching staff continued to use the full play clock every down to call the next play from the sidelines. Could they have possibly have wasted any more time? 

We must have been sitting close to each other then. Like going in at the half with 3 to's left despite having about 27 seconds and the ball. I've thought all season the defense has progressed ALL season, but the offense has just kinda "done enough" without having a solid base. Coach Gaddis said about the same thing post-game last night. I know I'm not the only one who questions the play calling - often times. 

It was a fantastic season, and I think without a doubt we could beat that Catholic team. Just not to be last night. 

The kicker had a "hip flexor" thing going on I heard from another parent. 

And for what it's worth I've had 2 tuition students since Linden and neither plays any ball. We chose Oak Ridge schools for the OTHER reasons! 

40 minutes ago, WildcatRealist said:

You’ve never liked the coach br, so I don’t put much stock in anything you say

• Like 1