Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

32 minutes ago, WildcatRealist said:

Thank you , SS! While I didn't attend ORHS, the Cats are my team, too. Find me 35 other guys who will join me in putting up $100,000 a piece, and let's get our football stadium/facilities rebuilt/renewed!

Did  you see the attendance for the play-off games? As much as I'd like a vastly improved stadium, I think the dream is too much. Imagine what this would look like with the crowds we had this year.Overall-740.jpg

Now there is some realism for ya. Over the many years I have supported everything from flag corps, band , choir, all sports and academics. It takes the public sector to get to the level this community expects. Just don't tute my horn about it. If you will contact OR' AD I'm sure he will find a opening in "the ioop" for you. Weather you have $100,000 or just some elbow grease.

I think any futher discussion about OR athelics should be on a new thread. Who knows, it may lead to a positive results.

15 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Did y’all not see the video on Twitter of his meltdown? Rofl looks like he should work in a post office 

HEYYYYYYY !!! Don't make me go Postal !! lol .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  I think Tn Football is already watered down too much , 9 Gold Balls is ridiculous . I think Maryville and Oak Ridge would be fine Playing against the Privates , we may not win every year but we'd win our share . We beat Brentwood Academy on the 2 State Championship teams I was on so I know it can be done . Life's not always fair and teaching our Kids to whine about not being fair and handing Trophies out to everyone is not a good thing ! Oak Ridge had a great year and definitely got better as the year went on ... If Maryville loses to Oakland I'm still gonna be happy this year because our Boys have worked hard and got better every week ... Maryville in September is no Comparison to Maryville in November ... So I'm Proud of my team no matter what , Gold Ball or no Gold Ball !

4 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Now there is some realism for ya. Over the many years I have supported everything from flag corps, band , choir, all sports and academics. It takes the public sector to get to the level this community expects. Just don't tute my horn about it. If you will contact OR' AD I'm sure he will find a opening in "the ioop" for you. Weather you have $100,000 or just some elbow grease.

I think any futher discussion about OR athelics should be on a new thread. Who knows, it may lead to a positive results.

Atrisk... I have no quarrel with you, sir. WE'RE ON THE SAME TEAM. I didn't mean to come across as any kind of braggart-I can't stand that! I'm not wealthy by any means, but I have been blessed. I am forever grateful to ORHS for educating my only child. I am simply trying to start a dialogue today. I'm not in any booster clubs, but I've watched this stadium renewal drag on far too long. I respect the pride you all have in your program, and I think the Wildcats' tradition of success and potential for the future is worthy of such an endeavor. You all are far more connected with this town than I am. I've got to believe 48 men are of a similar mindset to get this thing done. My challenge to you all- come up with 48 names.   RWR!!!

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I actually agree with most things you say in this post. Good post.

Yep what WildcatResults said is spot on , I agree with SS good post! Keep it up! As far as "The Ship" renovation the field and track and a press box on the visitors side is covered. I've heard about a Jumbotron type of scoreboard but am not holding my breath. And no I don't have a hundred grand to donate to the project but would help in any way to make it happen.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Edited by bounder

22 hours ago, atrisk said:

Once again, I have no problem playing the privates. I do not feel that the public schools should have to go thru them in the playoffs. 

I agree with ya, atrisk.  But apparently what seems plain common sense to some is "whining" to others.  I don't have a spare $100k either.  I would like to see a jumbotron though!

Edited by ORcats

6 hours ago, atrisk said:

Once again, I have no problem playing the privates. I do not feel that the public schools should have to go thru them in the playoffs. 

I think this has been considered. One of the roadblocks was determining playoff qualifiers, when some regions would have private schools and some would not.