Catholic vs Oak Ridge: A Rivalry is Born

WilleTheWildcat

21 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

We must have been sitting close to each other then. Like going in at the half with 3 to's left despite having about 27 seconds and the ball. I've thought all season the defense has progressed ALL season, but the offense has just kinda "done enough" without having a solid base. Coach Gaddis said about the same thing post-game last night. I know I'm not the only one who questions the play calling - often times. 

It was a fantastic season, and I think without a doubt we could beat that Catholic team. Just not to be last night. 

The kicker had a "hip flexor" thing going on I heard from another parent. 

And for what it's worth I've had 2 tuition students since Linden and neither plays any ball. We chose Oak Ridge schools for the OTHER reasons! 

Then I disagree with Gaddis, at least about last night’s game. I don’t know the stats but I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t have more yards on offense than they did. 

3 hours ago, atrisk said:

I think the TSSAA understands the made a mistake in letting private schools play in the public venue. Do they care? The enrollment difference  (9-12) between OR must be substantial, but anyone could see the difference in the players. I would dare to say this has been the case with all the public schools they have played. Good luck to Catholic.  If the bring home the gold ball that will make CC, Fulton, OR and Central look better. For what that is worth. 

Thanks for a exciting and fun season 'CATS. Your hard work has made our city and your school proud. Looking forward to 2018 and beyond. 

Coaches and AD's need to petition the TSSAA for a complete public/private split

Yes....what you said.   Can't help but wonder how we would have done against Fulton.  We might still be sitting here at the house.......or we might not.  Oh well, if somebody had told me at the start of the season that we would do this well, I would have been ecstatic.  Overall, it was a great season.    RWR!

1 hour ago, catswild said:

How did we “lose” our kicker? What happened to him?

The kicker tweeted last night that "all good things must come to an end." I am sure not playing was very hard for him to accept. He suffered an injury playing soccer and had to really work hard to get back in time for football only to have this happen. Hopefully, this has prepared him to face and overcome difficulties that everyone faces as they go through life. I, like everybody on here is proud of him.

Very impressed with the OR defense. I only think a few of our players would be able to start on that D. That being said, we shot ourselves in the foot a few times BUT keep penalties to a minimum for us. Got off to a great start with the big kickoff return. Pretty well balanced offensively which makes us hard to stop completely. Game played out about as I thought it would. My earlier post stated power running game , speed from Bussell rushing and receiving, big plays from receivers + timely tough runs from our QB AND special teams play. Enjoyed the banter with you guys ( with the exception of private school bashing LOL) You've got some good young players and your QB is so athletic. Great season OR.

Get basketball ready SS! I look forward to your basketball insight.

Edited by IrishBBall

While listening to Mays dad he didn't care for Matthews play calling for sure and there was a fan from Catholic came down to the field and was talking to the athletic director for Catholic and said boy  Mays dad is an embarrassment and then Catholics athletic director said yeah I know it we got him for two more years

1 minute ago, Tadvols said:

While listening to Mays dad he didn't care for Matthews play calling for sure and there was a fan from Catholic came down to the field and was talking to the athletic director for Catholic and said boy  Mays dad is an embarrassment and then Catholics athletic director said yeah I know it we got him for two more years

Did y’all not see the video on Twitter of his meltdown? Rofl looks like he should work in a post office 

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

Been watching it for 4 years....not surprised in the least. The twitter clip is typical. He was over on your side of the field vs. Fulton yelling.

10 hours ago, WildcatRealist said:

"...but anyone could see the difference in the players." Really...I couldn't. Does anyone that attended the game think that Catholic had THAT MUCH of a talent advantage? I attribute their victory to superior coaching (scheme) and execution.

Yes, 2 200 plus pound running backs, a very good offensive line, and the best set of receivers that we faced.  Also, best QB performance against us for the season.  You want anything else?  We still hung with them and made their lives tough.  Our guys and coaches did a heck of a job this season.  

• Like 2