Round 3: Maplewood @ Marshall County

Lead

8 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Who dont know black Swarm lol. 

Tell me about his playing days. He's coached my son in baseball and football and is a good friend. He's also pretty modest and doesn't talk alot about his "glory days". He's won Fairview over and we're glad to have him. Outstanding coach, leader, role model, and especially motivator. He coaches WR's, DB's and special teams for Fairview high since last year. His son is an unbelievable athlete. I can't wait to see him in high school ball. 

I've got tremendous respect for that guy. 

1 minute ago, midtnmale said:

I believe you’re talking about Avion Black. He think he may have played fullback. But I do recall that he was a great returner, especially on punts. I recall him scoring twice on returns in one game. 

Yep. That's him. 

Surprised he was a fullback though! These Fairview kids will run through a brick wall for him. They love him. 

24 minutes ago, Swarm said:

Yep. That's him. 

Surprised he was a fullback though! These Fairview kids will run through a brick wall for him. They love him. 

It's great to hear about a coach that has this kind of impact on a high school kid, especially with all of the jack-wads around calling themselves "coach".  Never mind the fact that he played at the highest level and can back up what he's coaching, but more so the fact that he sounds like a great guy with nothing but a young man's best interest at heart.  Good stuff!

Back to the thread at hand.... I'm pulling for MC on this one.

Edited by hollowman
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, hollowman said:

It's great to hear about a coach that has this kind of impact on a high school kid, especially with all of the jack-wads around calling themselves "coach".  Never mind the fact that he played at the highest level and can back up what he's coaching, but more so the fact that he sounds like a great guy with nothing but a young man's best interest at heart.  Good stuff!

Back to the thread at hand.... I'm pulling for MC on this one.

He's an elite coach. The sky's the limit on how far he wants to take it. Seriously. 

9 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

got you thanks. what do you expect to happen this friday?

I see the outcome being similar to the regular season match-up: Marshall County winning, with a similar margin of victory.  But if Maplewood plays all four quarters to their potential (and I haven't seen them do that this season). The game could go either way.

9 hours ago, midtnmale said:

I see the outcome being similar to the regular season match-up: Marshall County winning, with a similar margin of victory.  But if Maplewood plays all four quarters to their potential (and I haven't seen them do that this season). The game could go either way.

When we played earlier this year Marshall County played the worst game of the year. You haven't seen us at our best. Good Luck tonight.