Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

18 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I like your small town football. Tyner will give you a chance only if they have one of those games I have mentioned them usually having where they make a ton of mistakes. They have talent like a 4,5,or 6A team would have. 

Not 6A talent. A very average Ooltewah team, for 6A, beat them something like 56-7. But yes more talented in most years than others in 2A. Dropping enrollment served them well especially since Chattanooga schools don't adjust zones to make up for empty desks in some schools and overcrowding in others. 

4 minutes ago, Indian said:

Not 6A talent. A very average Ooltewah team, for 6A, beat them something like 56-7. But yes more talented in most years than others in 2A. Dropping enrollment served them well especially since Chattanooga schools don't adjust zones to make up for empty desks in some schools and overcrowding in others. 

Have to beg the differ..we have 6A talent..not the 6A NUMBERS. Ooltewah beat us because they had more reserves. They brought over 65-70 players( maybe more) Tyner only has 45!! 

3 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Have to beg the differ..we have 6A talent..not the 6A NUMBERS. Ooltewah beat us because they had more reserves. They brought over 65-70 players( maybe more) Tyner only has 45!! 

So if you have 6A talent why are you not winning state title after state title and having a lot of kids sign scholarships? I think Tyner has the most talent in the area, but they typically underachieve. They will be in Cookeville. Book it!

I’m confused, if a kid is talented in 1A, will he somehow lose that talent by transferring to a 6A school? The difference comes in the quantity of talent, not that just because you play at a 6A school, you’re more talented. What I see year in and year out from Tyner, is a team full of athletes, which doesn’t always necessarily correlate into football players. What Coach Turner does, and it make take all season, half a season, or two games, is mold those athletes into football players who finally buy in to what he wants them to do, as evident by the run they have been on since starting this year 0-2. Good luck Rams!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SP123 said:

I’m confused, if a kid is talented in 1A, will he somehow lose that talent by transferring to a 6A school? The difference comes in the quantity of talent, not that just because you play at a 6A school, you’re more talented. What I see year in and year out from Tyner, is a team full of athletes, which doesn’t always necessarily correlate into football players. What Coach Turner does, and it make take all season, half a season, or two games, is mold those athletes into football players who finally buy in to what he wants them to do, as evident by the run they have been on since starting this year 0-2. Good luck Rams!

It’s kind of like a 5 star player that goes to Alabama tends to be 1000 times better than a 5 Star that goes to Tennessee.  Coaches being able to develop a player is prevalent in high school just as much as in college.

• Upvote 1

Tyners coach is an old school guy but he is a genuinely good guy.  He has a lineman about 6 8 and 350 and another that’s about 6 4 and 330 with tons of athletes behind them.  If they continue to play like they did last Friday they will win the gold.  Nobody I’ve seen this year could beat them if they play like they did that night. They played clean with no stupid penalties or turnovers.   Additionally whether the win or lose their players always do so with grace and we have played them several times.  This is just their year.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

So if you have 6A talent why are you not winning state title after state title and having a lot of kids sign scholarships? I think Tyner has the most talent in the area, but they typically underachieve. They will be in Cookeville. Book it!

The same reason why the McCallie's and Baylor's don't win state title after state title. Are their players good...absolutely!! And how do you know they are not getting scholarships?? Just because it's not published doesn't mean they don't get signed. Furthermore I know a few of them that had academic scholarships in addition to athletic. 

You just can't paint a broad brush over a program with your negativity especially when you don't know what's happening at the school in the background.

10 hours ago, 10bears said:

Tyners coach is an old school guy but he is a genuinely good guy.  He has a lineman about 6 8 and 350 and another that’s about 6 4 and 330 with tons of athletes behind them.  If they continue to play like they did last Friday they will win the gold.  Nobody I’ve seen this year could beat them if they play like they did that night. They played clean with no stupid penalties or turnovers.   Additionally whether the win or lose their players always do so with grace and we have played them several times.  This is just their year.

2 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

The same reason why the McCallie's and Baylor's don't win state title after state title. Are their players good...absolutely!! And how do you know they are not getting scholarships?? Just because it's not published doesn't mean they don't get signed. Furthermore I know a few of them that had academic scholarships in addition to athletic. 

You just can't paint a broad brush over a program with your negativity especially when you don't know what's happening at the school in the background.

he is a very good coach and a good man

• Upvote 1

u all crackin the Booger up tryin to make sum kinda analegy tie with talent and 6A FB....bein 6A dont mean dilly squat when it comes to an individual player.....like 6A talent is different than 1A talent....its absulutley r not.....yall ever heard of William Blount or Antioch

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

12 hours ago, 10bears said:

It's funny how teams can turn around. This team lost big to Ooltewah then to a bad Signal Mtn team, but here they are in the semifinals. They've always got an endless supply of talent. It's like you said. They just finally have found a way not to self destruct. I think Union City's option attack will give them all they want if both teams win.