Coach Morris is stepping down

SHHS87

Only you can keep people from making fun of me for this so I trust you’ll look into the validity of this post. My “source” was not actually a committee member but a close friend of Greg Scott. If you look back, I tried to defend the administration for taking time with this hire. Reason being...Greg Scott called Hugh Freeze in December and offered him the job. Freeze was “intrigued” and I was actually thinking there was a chance it’d happen. The Woods stuff was being said and he was on to something MUCH bigger. I never let that out because I know it’s crazy. He took some big swings and settled for Teddy. I think Teddy will do just fine. You have my word...the Freeze offer was legit.

hugh Freeze????????? from the university of Mississippi?     

Im sorry I am taken back by that.....   He was coaching in the S E C like 2 minutes ago. 

I am not saying truth or not but yikes!!!! " swinging for the fences " does not really describe getting a top tier D1, SEC coach to come coach high school football in west TN. 

12 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

hugh Freeze????????? from the university of Mississippi?     

Im sorry I am taken back by that.....   He was coaching in the S E C like 2 minutes ago. 

I am not saying truth or not but yikes!!!! " swinging for the fences " does not really describe getting a top tier D1, SEC coach to come coach high school football in west TN. 

Chattanooga Notre Dame has a guy coaching their o line that was the head coach at Boston College and a Green Bay Packer assistant coach. Just sayin'. 

16 hours ago, RockyTop98 said:

Only you can keep people from making fun of me for this so I trust you’ll look into the validity of this post. My “source” was not actually a committee member but a close friend of Greg Scott. If you look back, I tried to defend the administration for taking time with this hire. Reason being...Greg Scott called Hugh Freeze in December and offered him the job. Freeze was “intrigued” and I was actually thinking there was a chance it’d happen. The Woods stuff was being said and he was on to something MUCH bigger. I never let that out because I know it’s crazy. He took some big swings and settled for Teddy. I think Teddy will do just fine. You have my word...the Freeze offer was legit.

Do I think you are crazy?  No. Do I think the story you heard could be a little off?? Maybe. Either way it's all good. Just my opinion but I wouldn't want Freeze even if we could get him. I don't think he has the type character of someone I would want to mentor 15-18yr old young men. But I have placed a couple of texts. Just waiting to here back. Had we have had church this morning I could have asked directly. 

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Do I think you are crazy?  No. Do I think the story you heard could be a little off?? Maybe. Either way it's all good. Just my opinion but I wouldn't want Freeze even if we could get him. I don't think he has the type character of someone I would want to mentor 15-18yr old young men. But I have placed a couple of texts. Just waiting to here back. Had we have had church this morning I could have asked directly. 

a very close relative of mine is on the Milan school board and he said the Freeze rumors are...NOT...Greg Scott could have also called Nick Saban and Urban Meyer....

Tell your relative to call Greg Scott and ask. If you tell me he called and asked, I’ll digress. The fact that he knows nothing about  it right now doesn’t mean anything. School boards do not hire teachers and/or coaches. They don’t always know things. But if they call and ask, they’ll get answers. If you do this I’ll take your word for it, but I’m telling you it’s true.

7 hours ago, RockyTop98 said:

Tell your relative to call Greg Scott and ask. If you tell me he called and asked, I’ll digress. The fact that he knows nothing about  it right now doesn’t mean anything. School boards do not hire teachers and/or coaches. They don’t always know things. But if they call and ask, they’ll get answers. If you do this I’ll take your word for it, but I’m telling you it’s true.

Well Rocky none of my sources can confirm that happened. They did not say it didn't but can't confirm it did. I have not spoken with Greg and don't know that I will. I don't doubt you. Just can't confirm. But thank you for sharing your info. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:26 PM, RockyTop98 said:

BPM, you’re a baby. Trader, you’d lose your farm. Being a fan and having inside knowledge are two different things. 

Been knowing BPM (and reading longer) for a while...never known him to mislead, and rarely "forwards" misinformation without fully verifying. If BPM trusts his source, so do I. Because you know a guy who knows a guy...well, enough said about that. After you've proven to have inside knowledge for a few years, perhaps I'll trust your source as I do Big Purple's. Not that I don't believe you about Hugh being offered...Jerry Glanville used to leave playoff tickets for Elvis, but Elvis didn't pick 'em up.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, RockyTop98 said:

the search is over...we can stop saying we each have our "inside sources".....as a Dawg alum I wasn't exactly jumping up and down of the Pettigrew choice....I preferred someone with a successful hc resume but I'm gonna support Coach P.....you can't coach along side Coach Morris for 14 years and not learn a thing or 2....but my friend BPM does win the prize for predictions....he did say a while back when all the names were flying around that one of the finalists was a current Milan assistant....spot on.....

Edited by cofo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cofo said:

the search is over...we can stop saying we each have our "inside sources".....as a Dawg alum I wasn't exactly jumping up and down of the Pettigrew choice....I preferred someone with a successful hc resume but I'm gonna support Coach P.....you can't coach along side Coach Morris for 14 years and not learn a thing or 2....but my friend BPM does win the prize for predictions....he did say a while back when all the names were flying around that one of the finalists was a current Milan assistant....spot on.....

Have to agree. In addition, BPM always gives his/her opinions about the program, the town, and the expectation about Milan football, and he doesn't sugarcoat us either. He rarely trash talks (other than to Huntingdon fans), but he's pure class and spot on majority, if not, all the time.

• Upvote 1