COLUMBIA ACADEMY VS UNION CITY CLASS 2A SEMIFINALS

BulldawgsRise

34 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

If UC doesn't turn the ball over and makes 4 stops, CA will have an awful tough time ... UC is tough to defend because they take what you give them ... If you key on their 2,000 yard rushing back, the QB will hit you with 175 yds rushing ... If you key on those two, one of the wide guys will hit you with 150 yards rushing ... UC just pounds and pounds and pounds ... Relentless ... It wears the defense down ... Now if UC doesn't play ANY defense and turns the ball over, we will be sitting at home the next week ... Historically, UC is good in semi-final games on the road ... If memory serves, we have beaten Huntingdon, Jo Byrns and Nashville Christian on the road ... Possibly Wayne County as well ... I may be wrong on that one ...

This is only our second time in general going to the semis. Last time we play away at Greenback and lost. We’re pretty good playing at home. Only three home losses in the past 5 seasons. This is going to be a great game i think

1 hour ago, BulldawgsRise said:

This is only our second time in general going to the semis. Last time we play away at Greenback and lost. We’re pretty good playing at home. Only three home losses in the past 5 seasons. This is going to be a great game i think

Our programs should be pretty familiar with each other...We go to camp to start out practice at CA every summer ...

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I can promise they know where I'm from. Union City was my pick during the summer to win 2A. I thought they would play a talented Waverly team in the semifinals, but I was wrong about that as well. LMBO

Well I can assure our boys are gonna come out and give them a fight, cause they want and need that gold ball like they need to breathe

On 11/18/2017 at 8:59 PM, Manowar said:

I think Union City will be Champ.  I have a question for anybody that has seen football in multiple states.  How do we stack up compared to other states at the 2a level?  I've only seen 2a here, and Kentucky.  Are we below average, average, or above average as far as our top 2a teams?  Is Kentucky 2a just that strong, or Is it that we are below average?  We seen how strong Mayfield is, but out of the 4 teams left up there I'd put them at 3rd best.  They will get killed by Christian Academy of Louisville friday, and if they do pull that one out they ain't beating Danville in the finals.  Glasgow is the only final 4 team in Kentucky they are probably better than.  So is Kentucky just a great 2a state, or are we playing poor 2a ball in Tennessee?

2A is weak, but the state of Tennessee is weak as a whole.

UC fans be like:

"We have a very good team, we like to run the football and get 3-4 yards, and whenever the ball carrier is tackled, we like to do it again, and again, and again, and again. And then we will throw a pass to keep the defense honest."

"We have a good field (they really do). We like to paint it purple, and red, and blue, but this year, we painted it green."

"We have a very good band. Last weekend, they played at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis and finished 6th of out 22 bands. And when our color guard throws the flags in the air, we let the win carry them and not make an attempt to catch them. But we have a good band."

"If Union City loses this game, they lost it, the other team didn't win."

"POUND THAT BALL!!! - says the 60 year old man that played left guard in high school."

In all seriousness I do think Columbia Academy will win the game if they take advantage of offensive possessions. UC's defense isn't that special. 

(I'm also not trolling UC, just hopefully having a good sense of humor)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

That first semi final game, is that the one where your fans took brooms to clean off the bleachers because they were to good to sit with the peasants?

First I hope ya'll have an injury free game. Friday night was a hard pill to swallow for us Tiger fans but we lost to a good team. I watched film with my step sons and saw things that we could take advantage of but some of the them CA didn't do Friday night as I thought they played a near perfect game. I haven't seen Union City since back in the summer when we scrimmaged them and that was a 3 way deal with Wayne Co but I remember they had some big ole boys and they like to run the football. I know if the ball bounces the way it did this past Friday CA will be tough to beat. Should be a slug fest!!!! Good Luck to both teams!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, piratetom said:

Last week I said CA would beat Waverly and took a lot of heat for that but I was correct. With that said , Im picking CA again by 7.

Pirate Thomas I'm surprised. It's just hard to pick against Union City and that durn offense they run. When you don't go up against it very often it's hard to defend. I do think this will be a pretty good game though.