Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

Hey Q  ... I understand your comments .. yes Im sure they were but I know that the players Im referring too .. their parents arent paying 12,000 a year  ... for tuition  .. who is paying it ?? Who knows .. TSSAA is not gonna and cant spend time trying to find out ... TSSAA messed up and should have made KC play Private ... the best solution is to have all PRIVATES make playoffs and play each other just in playoffs .. the Privates could schedule who they wanted in regular season .. that way the basketball, vollyball, soccer  and baseball teams could play local  teams in regular seasons for schedules but when Spring Fling came then they would only play Privates .. all teams would then travel to same sites . travel would not be issue ... but TSSAA too dumb to figure that out .. 

I’ve made my prediction already but I just want to add, I think this game comes down to defense. Who can make stops. I honestly believe Beech has a top 3, if not THE best overall rushing attack in the state. I also believe that these are 2 of the top 5 most talented and physical defenses in the state. Which defense can get stops, and which offense can get enough going to let their defense rest. My bet remains on Beech. I just don’t see Catholic being able to stop Dunlap and company for 48 minutes. And I don’t think people realize how good this Beech defense is. I said 31-20 earlier but this could very well end up a 10-7 or 14-10 kind of game. Gonna be a heckuva game.  I cannot wait. 

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

Hey Q  ... I understand your comments .. yes Im sure they were but I know that the players Im referring too .. their parents arent paying 12,000 a year  ... for tuition  .. who is paying it ?? Who knows .. TSSAA is not gonna and cant spend time trying to find out ... TSSAA messed up and should have made KC play Private ... the best solution is to have all PRIVATES make playoffs and play each other just in playoffs .. the Privates could schedule who they wanted in regular season .. that way the basketball, vollyball, soccer  and baseball teams could play local  teams in regular seasons for schedules but when Spring Fling came then they would only play Privates .. all teams would then travel to same sites . travel would not be issue ... but TSSAA too dumb to figure that out .. 

Fair enough, I see your point and that is a great plan (better than what Webb's Coach came up with when he only looked out for his school when he was placed on the BOC). I truly believe if the Irish win there will be so much backlash that the TSSAA will find a way to move Catholic to D2. 

Edited by QSouth89
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

I’ve made my prediction already but I just want to add, I think this game comes down to defense. Who can make stops. I honestly believe Beech has a top 3, if not THE best overall rushing attack in the state. I also believe that these are 2 of the top 5 most talented and physical defenses in the state. Which defense can get stops, and which offense can get enough going to let their defense rest. My bet remains on Beech. I just don’t see Catholic being able to stop Dunlap and company for 48 minutes. And I don’t think people realize how good this Beech defense is. I said 31-20 earlier but this could very well end up a 10-7 or 14-10 kind of game. Gonna be a heckuva game.  I cannot wait. 

you're smoking something very strong if you think catholic doesn't score more than 10 points.

IfQsouth89. Did you report to the tssaa about the schools recruiting your children? Weather you did or didn't makes no difference to me, just asking . Ya know if Knox Catholic would have declared themselves private (which they are) these dialogs would not be taking place. All this behavior (private playing in public championships, public schools recruiting, public schools with open zone - think Rutherford & Williamson Co.-, public schools offering classes so that student/athletes can cross zones). If someone or something doesn't get a handle on the situation the "purest " level of competition we have and arguably the most fun will be lost. Gone. Kaput.

9 minutes ago, atrisk said:

IfQsouth89. Did you report to the tssaa about the schools recruiting your children? Weather you did or didn't makes no difference to me, just asking . Ya know if Knox Catholic would have declared themselves private (which they are) these dialogs would not be taking place. All this behavior (private playing in public championships, public schools recruiting, public schools with open zone - think Rutherford & Williamson Co.-, public schools offering classes so that student/athletes can cross zones). If someone or something doesn't get a handle on the situation the "purest " level of competition we have and arguably the most fun will be lost. Gone. Kaput.

Totally agree.

Was talking to a fella from Indiana the other day, their system is pretty interesting.  Publics and privates play together there, but each year schools are given points based on how far they go in the playoffs.  If a school accumulates so many points within a certain timeframe they are required to move up.  Regardless of size, public, private, etc.  He said it has worked out well and that over time, things have become very "fair".  Didn't ask him if schools could move back down based on a lack of points.  I assume they could.

Edited by tandem

6 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I’ve coached at public schools and private schools from Knoxville to Johnson City and to be honest I personally found it funny. I didn’t see any true harm so I didn’t feel the need to call anyone. I do believe that the few remaining privates still playing in D1 will be moving (sooner than most think).

Edited by QSouth89

2 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

I guarantee that any of the past D2 champions in the last 10 yrs would have beat this team handily. Also some of the Maryville teams of the past and even a few whitehaven teams would have beat them. Also, who are they playing in Georgia that's really that great? All this being said they are a very good team but you made them seem like they are the Patriots. BA, Ensworth, Maryville, Whitehaven, Oakland all have had teams with this amount of talent if not double that amount. All this being said EL has a very solid team and it shows by beating KC as bad as they did. Finally got a taste of big boy football this year after years of ducking better competition and beating up on little guys. 

Granted I've only seen East TN teams with the exception of Catholic playing CPA and others in their state title runs. But I have seen Maryville, Alcoa and Oak Ridge when they were loaded. This year I would definitely say Eagles Landing was better than Brentwood Academy and Maryville for sure. Some of our coaches are from Riverdale and Oakland and they felt EL was a better team than some of those. I can't speak for the BA. MBA and Ensworth because this is the first year I've seen any of them live. Don't know how we've ducked competition for years. We've played teams from GA and KY to fill out our schedule and tried to play Maryville and Alcoa. Are BA, Ensworth and MBA better....sure.  But how many of their players are recruited for sports?