Catholic vs Beech

ChardeeMacdennis

14 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Yes they are .. and the only private still playing public .. they didn't want to tackle the good privates I'm middle tn in playoffs .. they enjoy winning so they stayed in public .. and in order to do that .. they can't aid any players in tuition .. lol ... there are some kids on their team that I KNOW that their parents are NOT paying .. so ?? It's covered up good .. but the answer to your question is yes .. it's a shame that your Beech team is very good are having to play on an uneven playing field but they can be beat .. their offense is good but defensively they can give up points .. best chance Beech has is too keep their O on field and run clock with 4 and 5 yard runs .. 

If you know for a fact that Catholic has kids that ain't paying tuition or is getting any kind of tuition assistance. Please, by all means call the TSSAA with your facts. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you

15 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

You must have not watched a lot of football or ventured out far if you think that they were the best team you have ever seen play lol. 

Let's see they've won 3 state title in a row and have given up less than 200 points TOTAL in the past two seasons. Loaded with D1 talent. Since 2011 they have 5 titles, 1 Runner up and 1 Final Four team. I've seen some of the best in East TN since the 70's including great Oak Ridge and Central teams, Maryville and Alcoa and I don't see any of them that would beat Eagles Landing. They waxed a pretty darn good Catholic team. They've already have 4-5 Power Five football commits and (for all you Maryville fans) George Quarles said they were one of the best teams he's seen. He said Furman was recruiting 8-10 of their "lower" level players. I talked to him at the game.

2 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

Let's see they've won 3 state title in a row and have given up less than 200 points TOTAL in the past two seasons. Loaded with D1 talent. Since 2011 they have 5 titles, 1 Runner up and 1 Final Four team. I've seen some of the best in East TN since the 70's including great Oak Ridge and Central teams, Maryville and Alcoa and I don't see any of them that would beat Eagles Landing. They waxed a pretty darn good Catholic team. They've already have 4-5 Power Five football commits and (for all you Maryville fans) George Quarles said they were one of the best teams he's seen. He said Furman was recruiting 8-10 of their "lower" level players. I talked to him at the game.

They sound pretty dang good, but im sure I've seen better. 

13 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

So explain the nail biter with Soddy Daisy?  

59 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

So explain the nail biter with Soddy Daisy?  

Got down big early but came out and scored 42 in the second qtr. They weren't ready to play... probably a combination of a 2 hour bus ride and overlooking the opponent. We were missing several key players that are now back. You could probably throw in a dash of cockiness and reading too many press clippings. LOL

Far and away our worst game defensively but had an explosive offensive night.

12 hours ago, Eaglesfan00 said:

If you know for a fact that Catholic has kids that ain't paying tuition or is getting any kind of tuition assistance. Please, by all means call the TSSAA with your facts. I'm sure they'd love to hear from you

Dont play dumb  ... I would never do that to a kid  ... its not the kids fault .. but we all know what kids we are talking about .... I KNOW !!!!!

21 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Tadvol you know I respect you but when Catholic was 4-6 and 5-5 in D1 no one ever said a word or complained. They had some very good teams in CYF and most of those players decided to stay together and go to Catholic and they started winning. If you truly know of wrong doing it does no good to keep it to yourself, turn in the Irish.

QLOU .. respect you too ..and I would never turn in a kid .. but we BOTH know whats going on ..come on 

On November 28, 2017 at 7:55 AM, Tadvols said:

Yes they are .. and the only private still playing public .. they didn't want to tackle the good privates I'm middle tn in playoffs .. they enjoy winning so they stayed in public .. and in order to do that .. they can't aid any players in tuition .. lol ... there are some kids on their team that I KNOW that their parents are NOT paying .. so ?? It's covered up good .. but the answer to your question is yes .. it's a shame that your Beech team is very good are having to play on an uneven playing field but they can be beat .. their offense is good but defensively they can give up points .. best chance Beech has is too keep their O on field and run clock with 4 and 5 yard runs .. 

No. There are other privates still playing in D1. Not a Catholic fan but just wanted that to be known. 

2 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

I guarantee that any of the past D2 champions in the last 10 yrs would have beat this team handily. Also some of the Maryville teams of the past and even a few whitehaven teams would have beat them. Also, who are they playing in Georgia that's really that great? All this being said they are a very good team but you made them seem like they are the Patriots. BA, Ensworth, Maryville, Whitehaven, Oakland all have had teams with this amount of talent if not double that amount. All this being said EL has a very solid team and it shows by beating KC as bad as they did. Finally got a taste of big boy football this year after years of ducking better competition and beating up on little guys. 

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

QLOU .. respect you too ..and I would never turn in a kid .. but we BOTH know whats going on ..come on 

Turn in the school not the kid. Tad, if you know something is going on then report it . An Alcoa fan stated it perfect, when the Irish were losing no one cared or called them overrated.  When they compete they are cheating.  The kids I'm assuming you're talking about played CYF all through middle school. I sent both of my kids to Catholic (we are Catholic) and I've taught in Knox County for almost 20 years. Both played sports (they both received college scholarships) and were 4 years starters in hoops (boys and girls) and football.  Their mom and I paid tuition (both were all county in middle school in basketball and my son was the Knox County Middle School MVP.  Public schools in Knox County and other counties recruited both of them.  When my son was in 8th grade he would come home from school and tell me about being pulled out of class to talk with various high schools about playing there.  The school he was zoned for never approached him.  When my oldest daughter was in 8th grade one county school in Knoxville ENROLLED her anyway without our knowledge.  I was getting letters from Knox County Schools about her being truant, so there is shenanigans going on all over the place.   Tadvols forgive my long response.

Edited by QSouth89