Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, sportman said:

I think I saw him at the Mid Bay bridge in Destin Florida  this year working the toll booth trying to make some money for some more renovations to Grider's Stadium. 

Those renovations are impressive. Did I hear someone say SP did over 200,000 in renovations since last season? That’s unbelievable the community support to get that many things accomplished. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sportman said:

I think I saw him at the Mid Bay bridge in Destin Florida  this year working the toll booth trying to make some money for some more renovations to Grider's Stadium. 

Well I'm headed to Destin on Saturday be there for a week I'll set out some fudge rounds and a Red Bull maybe I can track him down.

12 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Those renovations are impressive. Did I hear someone say SP did over 200,000 in renovations since last season? That’s unbelievable the community support to get that many things accomplished. 

I don't know the amount but it sure was time for some updates and they look really  great. So proud of all who gave time,money and effort for all these projects.  I hope more people get involved over the years and watch the progress keep on. We need people to show up at the games. It's a shame that I know in my graduating class that only about maybe on a good night 10 show up. Friday nights have always been like church to me on Sunday. I show up and support. We are very blessed at SP to have so much. No wonder why young men that come by here want to come to school here. Great school,great teacher's, great principal, great coaches, great scholar's. etc!!! 

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well I'm headed to Destin on Saturday be there for a week I'll set out some fudge rounds and a Red Bull maybe I can track him down.

When you get to the bridge just hold up a red bull and fudge round and he should let you pass. Hope you have a great time down there. It was the prettiest I've ever seen the ocean and beach,but traffic was terrible!!!! But, bring Roy back!!! We need him, Coach T needs him!!! PowerP and Pegleg need to see his His Murphy Fair book. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'm heading to Texas to see if I can't locate Roy.  I heard he was trying to smuggle an immigrant kicker across the border and got locked up in one of Trump's detention centers. 

I wish that were true. You'd think that all the athletes we've had over the year's we could find and outstanding kicker. The last few year's we have been above average but I have seen in the past where we just need to go for 2 everytime.  Roy may have left the toll booth in Destin and now in Texas disguised as a wall worker  looking for us a kicker.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:44 AM, sportman said:

When you get to the bridge just hold up a red bull and fudge round and he should let you pass. Hope you have a great time down there. It was the prettiest I've ever seen the ocean and beach,but traffic was terrible!!!! But, bring Roy back!!! We need him, Coach T needs him!!! PowerP and Pegleg need to see his His Murphy Fair book. 

I’m afraid he will not let me and especially will not let powerp near his Murphy Fair book!!! 

10 hours ago, sportman said:

I wish that were true. You'd think that all the athletes we've had over the year's we could find and outstanding kicker. The last few year's we have been above average but I have seen in the past where we just need to go for 2 everytime.  Roy may have left the toll booth in Destin and now in Texas disguised as a wall worker  looking for us a kicker.

The 1st Onion City title game comes to mind.  They had an exchange student from Spain and our kicker couldn't kick the place holder in the butt.  Not being able to kick of worth a flip had us in bad field position all day against Waynes World County.

Edited by rlh