Griders pirates in 2018

Roy Dillard

15 hours ago, rlh said:

That's crazy given they were supposedly state champs in 2014 and 2016.

I think they actually just won their league (Glory For Christ) league. I believe it's a 6 team league of Christian/homechool kids. If they're starting the season with only 14 players I would be afraid by the time your game rolls around they may not even have 11 guys that can play.

9 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I think they actually just won their league (Glory For Christ) league. I believe it's a 6 team league of Christian/homechool kids. If they're starting the season with only 14 players I would be afraid by the time your game rolls around they may not even have 11 guys that can play.

MPreps website listed them as state champs in 2014 and 2016 as well as league champs but it looks like it is GFC . . . Goofy Football League?

Edited by rlh

Just now, TALMAD said:

Everyone worried about the GB/Whitwell Scrimmage and I want to know how the Pirates are looking!!!! Did you guys play yesterday????

We had a 3 way with Cascade and Huntland yesterday evening.  We are like everyone else at this point. A lot of work to do and a short time to get there.  It's very hard for me to gauge much in a 3 way scrimmage when the format is different from a game simulation. But we got some work in as did the other schools. Fairly clean penalty wise and most importantly no one got banged up too badly.  

13 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We had a 3 way with Cascade and Huntland yesterday evening.  We are like everyone else at this point. A lot of work to do and a short time to get there.  It's very hard for me to gauge much in a 3 way scrimmage when the format is different from a game simulation. But we got some work in as did the other schools. Fairly clean penalty wise and most importantly no one got banged up too badly.  

I will be glad when August 17 gets here! SC will be a good team to measure by! Has Huntland improved any? They had a pretty good RB last year that was very shifty and could turn it on when I seen them play but outside of that they was hurting!

6 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

I will be glad when August 17 gets here! SC will be a good team to measure by! Has Huntland improved any? They had a pretty good RB last year that was very shifty and could turn it on when I seen them play but outside of that they was hurting!

Huntland has 18 returning starters back. 9 on each side of the ball. I'd say they will be improved.  They won 2 games last year. They should get to 5 wins this year. 

On 7/26/2018 at 2:17 PM, Southtowner said:

After some research In case yall didn't know, Copper Basin had North Georgia scheduled for Oct 5 but rearranged their schedule to allow us this game.  Hopefully, the Falcons have more on their roster than what is listed on their website.  

still not sure why that fired Red Bank coach took that Copperhill job......coulda been assistin at sum pretty good hs......guessin sum gotta have that head title...no matter where.......maybe he can help them kids up there have a little bit success.......that class has had a long hard ride

Booger just sayin :rolleyes: