Catholic Kid going to GA

Bravey

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

As one person said to me in private it might be a good thing for Cade to go somewhere else and get away from all the hanger on's around here which makes perfectly good sense.  I see him as a diamond in the rough and I mean real rough and maybe Georgia can polish all that out of him. He's just a big kid that has had a long leash with a group of adults pumping him full of it. Hope him nothing but the best and would love to see him have a great career.

Nail on the head Barn!Too immature,watched the kid from afar for years...to be honest im glad GA got him!

This is going to sound like a strange comparison, but Mays reminds me a lot of Mike Tyson. When Mike first came into boxing he was just a huge bully who everybody was afraid of. But when he met guys like "Real Deal" Holyfield who weren't intimidated by him nor afraid of his power and could take his power - he would fold like a cheap suit. Now, it remains to be seen whether that will happen to Cade when he's matched with guys his own size who he won't be able to intimidate simply by lining up across from them, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. That's usually how it works with big bullies like him & "Iron Mike" in his day.

Hahahaha my oh my how delusional you East TN football experts are. Bullied his way all the way to Mr. Football and the highest rated  football prospect in the state?! Get over the butt hurt of being scorned gentlemen. I'm sure you're all fine fellows, but there was no shade being tossed his way when he was going to be a Vawl. 

37 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Hahahaha my oh my how delusional you East TN football experts are. Bullied his way all the way to Mr. Football and the highest rated  football prospect in the state?! Get over the butt hurt of being scorned gentlemen. I'm sure you're all fine fellows, but there was no shade being tossed his way when he was going to be a Vawl. 

Honestly, as a Volunteer fan I was glad to see him decommit, my friend. The kid is a great player in these parts, but once I saw the attitude I was glad he wasn't going to Tennessee. That's just me being totally honest. I wish the kid the best.

Edited by SweetScience

40 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

I don't think there's any question that he's got a ton of talent and potential. As a local product, I'd love to see him become an All-American and even go on to do great things in the NFL.

That said, I'm an OSU alum, and with other blue chip linemen still out there, I didn't want OSU chasing him. My feelings have absolutely nothing to do with Cade's talent/ability. I've watched him play a lot over the past couple of seasons, and while he has the physical tools and a ton of talent (he's Mr. Football for a reason), I had a tough time getting past some of his repeated on-field behavior (this season in particular). I remember watching him play just before he was in Columbus for the OSU-MSU game, and his on-field behavior was just embarrassing against Fulton. He's fortunate that he only got flagged a couple of times. Saw some of the same stuff against Oak Ridge the following week. Granted, these kids obviously get amped up in the moment, but most of them know 1) not to cross the line and 2) how to turn it off. When there is a clear pattern of repeated on-field behavior, shouldn't that raise a red flag? I think we all know that teams at all levels of football are willing to put up with a certain level of crap from players, depending on what they get in return. Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State obviously felt like his on-field behavior was just a byproduct of his age/immaturity, and with the right coaching (and time), he could grow out of it. I don't know him personally, but maybe he's a saint off the field?

I'm with SS - I wonder how will he respond to dealing with other linemen his own size, not just on Saturdays but in practice. That's a question that every single lineman coming out of high school has to deal with when they start playing D1 football - they're no longer a big fish in a small pond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I don't think there's any question that he's got a ton of talent and potential. As a local product, I'd love to see him become an All-American and even go on to do great things in the NFL.

That said, I'm an OSU alum, and with other blue chip linemen still out there, I didn't want OSU chasing him. My feelings have absolutely nothing to do with Cade's talent/ability. I've watched him play a lot over the past couple of seasons, and while he has the physical tools and a ton of talent (he's Mr. Football for a reason), I had a tough time getting past some of his repeated on-field behavior (this season in particular). I remember watching him play just before he was in Columbus for the OSU-MSU game, and his on-field behavior was just embarrassing against Fulton. He's fortunate that he only got flagged a couple of times. Saw some of the same stuff against Oak Ridge the following week. Granted, these kids obviously get amped up in the moment, but most of them know 1) not to cross the line and 2) how to turn it off. When there is a clear pattern of repeated on-field behavior, shouldn't that raise a red flag? I think we all know that teams at all levels of football are willing to put up with a certain level of crap from players, depending on what they get in return. Clemson, Georgia, and Ohio State obviously felt like his on-field behavior was just a byproduct of his age/immaturity, and with the right coaching (and time), he could grow out of it. I don't know him personally, but maybe he's a saint off the field?

I'm with SS - I wonder how will he respond to dealing with other linemen his own size, not just on Saturdays but in practice. That's a question that every single lineman coming out of high school has to deal with when they start playing D1 football - they're no longer a big fish in a small pond.

Honestly, watching his father it's a wonder he isn't worse. It's easy to see why he's the way he's because that's what he's been around his whole life, it's sad actually. I feel for him. Also, I hear that Cade was held a year back and is actually close to if not 19? For all we know he could've peaked already. It'll be interesting to see how his career goes. Like I said, I wish him the best and hope he can turn that attitude around and be a positive influence on others.

3 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

I happy that he’s a Bulldawg. No butthurt here Maryville Beat Catholic this year and our little 190 pound DE did pretty good up against 68.