2018 Region 7A Tournament

HuskerVol04

22 minutes ago, BullShark said:

IMO, every miss basketball winner that did not win a state championship would trade their Miss Basketball win for the gold ball.  There is no need to pit two of the best single A basketball players in the state against each other because both girls will get a free education to the school of their choice.  The more  the two girls are pitted against each other, the less likely they are to accomplish their team goals.  Rather obvious, I know.  That being said,  GCPioneer and Pioneer, can I get an amen as to how down single A basketball is in west tn this year?  The GC and Middleton teams of 2016 (with Lannom and Fields for GC and Perry et al for Middleton) that met in the semis at state would beat the GC, the Greenfield, the Dresden, and the Gleason along with ALL teams from Region 8 of 2018 by 20 plus points!

I agree Single A is down state wide with South Green bumping up. GC is a grind it out defensive team that plays ugly ball a lot of times but has a lot of depth. They have 6 girls that can score in double figures and lost a 5 '11 post that could score in double figures as well. Their style is not pretty at times. I agree Single A teams are down in West TN teams but keep in mind they are all babies. Greenfield, Huntingdon, GC, Dresden, Gleason, TCA, UC all are young. Peabody and Middleton lose some players but they will have some young girls that can play too. I agree a little down but a great future. I think whoever makes it to the Boro will have a punchers chance. South Green was dominant. We played Clarkrange,  Summertown and Jackson County this summer. I think they are all beatable. Just got to get up there and see what happens.

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

IMO, every miss basketball winner that did not win a state championship would trade their Miss Basketball win for the gold ball.  There is no need to pit two of the best single A basketball players in the state against each other because both girls will get a free education to the school of their choice.  The more  the two girls are pitted against each other, the less likely they are to accomplish their team goals.  Rather obvious, I know.  That being said,  GCPioneer and Pioneer, can I get an amen as to how down single A basketball is in west tn this year?  The GC and Middleton teams of 2016 (with Lannom and Fields for GC and Perry et al for Middleton) that met in the semis at state would beat the GC, the Greenfield, the Dresden, and the Gleason along with ALL teams from Region 8 of 2018 by 20 plus points!

I’ve said it all year.... basketball in west TN is down with the exception of Westview and Greenfield.

Ive also seen the other top Single A teams throughout the state in summer camp or in preseason games and they aren’t any better than what we have here in West TN... Pickett County, Summertown, Clarkrange, are all similar to what we have out here in our area.

25 minutes ago, BABABA said:

If Greenfield plays like Greenfield, they beat GC by 15+. No comparison in the 2 teams. GC has a lot more if's to win than Greenfield does, let's just be honest here. Tess and Chloe doesn't get into foul trouble = Greenfield 15+! 

Bullshark and Bababa you both know your basketball. I think you are both right.  If Greenfield plays basketball and don't get in foul trouble we have a great chance against anybody. The only thing I'd love to see is Edie Darby get more playing time, she's a spark plug on both ends every time she plays. 

On 2/23/2018 at 0:30 PM, ParisRiverRat said:

I hope the people in Greenfield aren't arguing over "who is better" as that will get ya beat.  The NEXT game is all that matters.  Survive and advance.  

The other girl has got to have a leg up in the voting for Ms Basketball, so I would bet on her, whether she is better or not.  Greenfield kids will split the vote, as it is hard to win when you have 2 kids, but I bet Willie T is tickled to have the talent. 

Good post Rat. Coach WT and Greenfield folks should be extremely happy to have 2 top level players on the floor and will have for a couple of more years. Instead of the fan base worrying "who" might receive an individual award, they should be hoping for another person to step up consistently and assist. If GC can follow Gleason's game plan, GC should be able to play with them and make it a contest. Outside of Moore and Darby, there is no solid 3rd option on the floor for them at this juncture. GreenfieldF (Porter) has been a critic on everything on CoachT and an expert on all things, especially on Greenfield basketball and about Coach WT. Hope my young Pioneers can pull this upset off and hoping for a good game!

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Bullshark and Bababa you both know your basketball. I think you are both right.  If Greenfield plays basketball and don't get in foul trouble we have a great chance against anybody. The only thing I'd love to see is Edie Darby get more playing time, she's a spark plug on both ends every time she plays. 

I don't think she even scored Thursday night, did she?  That game was sloppy.  Greenfield was not shooting the ball well and still won by 26.  That game could easily have been a fourth qtr running clock had Greenfield shot like they normally do. I think they are the better team when they play GC, but I think they were the WAY better team when they played Gleason in the District championship.  Good thing about finishing second is that they didn't have to get banged around in the Region opener against Peabody.  Loser leave town matches seem to always be fairly close.  I got Greenfield by 10, but wouldn't be shocked if GC won a nail biter.  Wish we were playing tonight.  I got nothing to do now.