Macon Co. vs. McMinn Central

tssaafan

3 minutes ago, jimbo44 said:

Upperman finished the 3rd up 24. Meigs stopped the run away. The game ended 74-50. At least 4 Bees hit 3s.

Levy is a special player. I would say she was involved in 90% of there points. She would drive and score or pass it out to one of her teammates for a wide open three. I think she had 29 and the sophomore from Meigs had 32. They will miss her next year. They struggled when she wasn't in the game.

5 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Levy is a special player. I would say she was involved in 90% of there points. She would drive and score or pass it out to one of her teammates for a wide open three. I think she had 29 and the sophomore from Meigs had 32. They will miss her next year. They struggled when she wasn't in the game.

I missed the part where they were struggling.  

Well lets see what is she 3 times Miss basketball finalist. Last year Miss basketball winner and state tournament MVP. This year Miss basketball finalist. Yes UHS is a different team when she is not on the floor. She is possibly a top 10 player in the state and UHS has no on else on the team with her skill set. Their what 34 -0 so they obviously have some other quality players.

Edited by UTRok

2 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

I missed the part where they were struggling.  

If you read my comment. I said when she wasn't in the game. I didn't see anyone that could put the ball on the floor and create their own shot. She would drive and get her teammates wide open shots and they knocked them down. But I guess that's what they are supposed to do when you have a player like that. And she can sing to. I would say we will have this conversation for the next few years. Meigs played most of the game with all freshmen and sophomores on the floor. Good luck in state.

8 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

If you read my comment. I said when she wasn't in the game. I didn't see anyone that could put the ball on the floor and create their own shot. She would drive and get her teammates wide open shots and they knocked them down. But I guess that's what they are supposed to do when you have a player like that. And she can sing to. I would say we will have this conversation for the next few years. Meigs played most of the game with all freshmen and sophomores on the floor. Good luck in state.

Akira is a very special player.  She is very unselfish and makes her whole team better.  She and Riley Hurst will definitely be missed next year.  The rest of Upperman’s team are 2 sophomores, one of them is injured, and 5 freshmen.  They are a very young but very talented group.  

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

It looks like Meigs Upperman and Macon are all three very young teams. Meigs has 4 sophomores 8 freshmen. It will be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years. Good luck in state to Upperman and Macon.

McMinn Central will return 4 starters who will be seniors next year, but they'll certainly miss the seniors graduating this year, especially Jordan.  In the games Jordan didn't play this year Central looked very pedestrian. By playing in a relatively weak District and Region, they'll make it to the substate game again next year, but they won't be at the level of Macon Co. or Upperman. I'm just not that impressed with Central's freshmen and sophomores.
Meigs is loaded with some good freshmen and sophomores and will be better next year, but I still don't think they can beat Macon Co. or Upperman next season. If Rachel is the assistant coach again next season, Meigs will improve a lot.  By jumping to AA this year, Meigs' District and Region got a whole lot easier for them.  

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

McMinn Central will return 4 starters who will be seniors next year, but they'll certainly miss the seniors graduating this year, especially Jordan.  In the games Jordan didn't play this year Central looked very pedestrian. By playing in a relatively weak District and Region, they'll make it to the substate game again next year, but they won't be at the level of Macon Co. or Upperman. I'm just not that impressed with Central's freshmen and sophomores.
Meigs is loaded with some good freshmen and sophomores and will be better next year, but I still don't think they can beat Macon Co. or Upperman next season. If Rachel is the assistant coach again next season, Meigs will improve a lot.  By jumping to AA this year, Meigs' District and Region got a whole lot easier for them.  

I will have to disagree with your last comment. If Meigs was in the same district as last year. They would be going to the state tournament next week. That district is way down this year. 

I believe it will be the same 4 teams next year maybe throw in Cumberland County. But Meigs could beat Upperman next year. If you take Levy off that team I would have picked Meigs Saturday night. She is the best player I've seen all year. I just wasn't impressed with the other players. Meigs will play a whole different offense and defense next year. They will play more of a AAU style game. Because that's what they do all summer. Some with Fight some with Fire elite and some with TN Force. But that's a year away and a lot can happen before then.

53 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I will have to disagree with your last comment. If Meigs was in the same district as last year. They would be going to the state tournament next week. That district is way down this year. 

I believe it will be the same 4 teams next year maybe throw in Cumberland County. But Meigs could beat Upperman next year. If you take Levy off that team I would have picked Meigs Saturday night. She is the best player I've seen all year. I just wasn't impressed with the other players. Meigs will play a whole different offense and defense next year. They will play more of a AAU style game. Because that's what they do all summer. Some with Fight some with Fire elite and some with TN Force. But that's a year away and a lot can happen before then.

Most championship teams have a superstar (Just like most teams at state),luckily Upperman has Levy. If the girl from meigs doesn't get in a zone and hit everything she shot ,meigs gets boat raced by 40 be greatful she kept it respectable and for some reason give you an opportunity to run your mouth.