Class AA State Tournament Thread

ballinup90

11 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

They're all out celebrating, what's going on up in Crossvile, lol

I knew there would be one, out here defending the lack of character and celebrating a win, even if it's handed to you unearned.  I guess tomorrow you'll all be out stealing social security checks from little old ladies, since there's no honor in that either?

1 minute ago, Mw4vols said:

I knew there would be one, out here defending the lack of character and celebrating a win, even if it's handed to you unearned.  I guess tomorrow you'll all be out stealing social security checks from little old ladies, since there's no honor in that either?

Is that the best you got?  You're not a very good hater.

2 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

How’d Cumberland Co do?  Oh yeah, they weren’t there. 

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that officiating has caused an impact on this game. But, it's even more frustrating that the state supervisor(s) at the game will tell the officials "Good job, one fan base is not happy, while the other is happy." I don't know what occurred in the state tournament. All I did was watched is highlights of Jamirah Shutes going off, and proving to the media that she was robbed of a Miss Basketball. I mean, she did score 40+ points in 3 straight games. And, I also watched the 2nd half of the Greenfield win over Summertown. We have to held our officials to a higher standard, and do whatever it takes to improve the quality of officiating. But, just like players and coaches, officials choke whenever the lights are turned on. However, I am not a fan off seeing a team in the double bonus in a high school game. That's all.

Great game by two very good teams. Very disappointed in the lack of consistency by the refs. Even the announcers stated as much. Refs called fouls on Macon for Levy being out of control. To her credit she made the majority of her foul shots. They missed numerous travel calls. Then at the end of regulation the refs missed the first two fouls and then call a foul on a clean block. Then they don't call an obvious tech for being way out of the coaches box twice.

The one thing refs must be is consistent.

Again great game by both. Levy made too many plays and made the one play that mattered most. Great career for her.

3 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Great game by two very good teams. Very disappointed in the lack of consistency by the refs. Even the announcers stated as much. Refs called fouls on Macon for Levy being out of control. To her credit she made the majority of her foul shots. They missed numerous travel calls. Then at the end of regulation the refs missed the first two fouls and then call a foul on a clean block. Then they don't call an obvious tech for being way out of the coaches box twice.

The one thing refs must be is consistent.

Again great game by both. Levy made too many plays and made the one play that mattered most. Great career for her.

Agree