Graham Clark Resigns!

It's JMO that Ballard would consider leaving Greeneville if it weren't for his son still having a year of hs left. Witten is a totally different story. I've been told by several people that would know that he wants the DB and will accept if offered. Rosser won't be the next HC at DB job and that's not just my personal opinion. Trust those who are saying the same. Seals sound like he'd probably be a pretty good hire. I don't know a lot about him but from what I do know I think he'd be a good fit.

Edited by WBNC83

3 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Ballard isn’t leaving Greeneville although that would be a outstanding hire for DB. Witten is an interesting candidate and I do believe he would leave Elizabethton if offered. Don’t know much about the Seals guy although it sounds like he’d be a great hire also. Only thing I’m certain on is Rosser isn’t leaving Central anytime soon. I’m not going to say why just trust me folks, ain’t happening. One thing I’d warn DB fans of is thinking it’ll be a smooth transition with whoever follows Clark. Despite his last couple of years, Clark always had DB competive and making the playoffs. It may take a new coach a year or so to get them to 9-10 wins again. 

The right coach with the right staff can come in and do wonders.DB already has some awesome coaches if they stay.Over the years DB has had  great ones on coach Clarks staff and some are still there.There is no reason for DB to ever miss the playoffs and not make a good playoff run. Three things missing over the years have been getting all the players out and keeping them out for football.A solid defense every year and a top weight program.Anyone close to DB if it's a coach ,parent or fan, knows this past year could have been really special with the class that started four years ago and some of those great underclassmen added to it.I'm a Devil fan but I know what DB had in that class and what was missing last year.Can't even imagine coach Ballard and a few of  those Devil coaches up here along with some of some of DB's staff.Man ! I know I've beat the DB strength program up for years but the fact is ,I sent DB two of their strongest ever players and know a little about where it should have been.It's  just a simple basic understanding of how  proper work  in the weight room can make a huge difference and getting the kids to buy in.

Edited by BatmanDevil

35 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

It's JMO that Ballard would consider leaving Greeneville if it weren't for his son still having a year of hs left. Witten is a totally different story. I've been told by several people that would know that he wants the DB and will accept if offered. Rosser won't be the next HC at DB job and that's not just my personal opinion. Trust those who are saying the same. Seals sound like he'd probably be a pretty good hire. I don't know a lot about him but from what I do know I think he'd be a good fit.

IMHO, I would not be suprised if Witten were to turn it down, family is thicker than money. If/when it happens you heard it here first. 

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, Cyclonefan29 said:

Db’s #1 pick was always a pipe dream! But I wonder what he said when they reached out to him? 

He’s the only coach this side of Knoxville to win a football state championship in like what 40 years or something? Heck he’s got 3 in 8 years and probably adding another next year! He’s got a crazy record I’m Greeneville that’s for sure! 

Dang dude, let it go. I think everybody agreed a month or two ago that Ballard wouldn't take the DB job. Nobody on here even knows if he's been offered. I'm guessing he either was or will be offered just as a formality. Would be foolish not to offer but I don't think DB is serious about spending a lot of time on it, knowing he's probably not interested in leaving Greenville. There's not a high school in the state that wouldn't like to have him as head coach, it's not just DB you know.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, Bucsback said:

WaCo, have you heard anything about Scott Cummings from Cleveland High School? I've been hearing rumors he's getting an interview. I personally like Seals or Witten, I think DB can't go wrong with either one.

I haven't heard that one but it's probably true. Theres a lot of interest and their interviewing a bunch of guys. I think Clark was one of the highest paid coaches in the state so they have plenty of money to play with. The facilities are really nice for a high school, top notch athletes and Kingsport is a nice place to live. It's attracting some very good coaches.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

The Kpt paper said they were interviewing around a dozen, so that's quite a few.  No mention of the other potentially hot candidate in the Brice tweet, the Harless guy at Lord Botetourt?  Apparently from Abingdon and was an AA at Emory & Henry, and has taken Botetourt from no winning seasons in 13 years to four consecutive playoff appearances and an appearance in the state title game in the 5 years or so he's been there.  Anyone know anything else about him?

1 hour ago, Tribal said:

No idea how reliable this info is, but heard that the supposed "final three" are Witten, Billy Seals, and Coach Christian.  I know Coach Christian is highly respected within the program, but hard for me to see them hiring someone who is not a head coach.

"If" true then Christian has the job, and has had the job from the get go. Of the three Witten is a pretty good coach, Seals is a "knocked it out of the park" type of hire, and Christian has no head coaching experience but has been a "good" assistant coach. So it's plain to see who they would name head coach. Right?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

"If" true then Christian has the job, and has had the job from the get go. Of the three Witten is a pretty good coach, Seals is a "knocked it out of the park" type of hire, and Christian has no head coaching experience but has been a "good" assistant coach. So it's plain to see who they would name head coach. Right?

Waco.......eye wuz jest thankin'.....Dew ewe reckon tha knew coach fer D-B weal menshun ewe on tha tv like Clark did when'st he retarred....???

:popcorneater: