Graham Clark Resigns!

39 minutes ago, rolltriberoll said:

I am hearing Bryson Rosser's name being mentioned here in Knoxville in connection with the DB job. We'll see.  

DB should scoop Rosser up if they can! Guy is great with kids, and he's brought Central out of the dark in just a few years. I would say Ballard would be best fit, but with his son graduating next year, I'd say he is pretty close to hanging it up. 

13 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

on your side for wanting him, sure? spoke with him a few weeks ago and this isn't true. and since you're saying it is, can you show me/lead me to where you heard or saw this at?

Wake up dude. You said it's not true that Rosser's name is being mentioned for the DB job. It obviously is. Read rolltriberoll's post again.  He didn't say Rosser was interested in the job. Having said this, Rosser is not going to tell you or anybody else if he's a candidate for the job.

55 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

How do you know?

Bryson has told me multiple times, and as recently as about 10 days ago that he has no plans to apply for the DB job and that he isn't looking at any other jobs.  And he has always been straight up with me on his interest in other situations.  I believe him.  

Never say never, but I would be shocked if he is anywhere other than Fountain City in 2018/2019.  

And an edit:  Were Bryson interested, he would be a slam dunk hire, in my opinion.  He is a rising star in the coaching world.  

Edited by HTV
  • Like 1

Tweet below is from Steve Wilmoth, Radio Play by Play guy for DB and the Publisher of Tri-Cities Sports

More
Replying to @JohnDBrice1

In-House candidate is current interim Joey Christian. West Virginia prep coach is Billy Seal...I think played, coached or both at Morristown East

This was the tweet from John Brice that Steve was replying to:  

More

Talked to several folks about the Kingsport @dbtribelive football job. Interviews start next 48 hours; candidates from West Va., Va & California have applied as well as TN. Early names: Shawn Witten, Campbell Co’s Justin/Matt Price, an in-house candidate & the West Va. prep coach

Both of these are consistent with what I have been hearing from contacts in that area for a while, now.  There were some other names early in the process, but I haven't heard those names recently.