AA two time State Champs Upperman Bees

crow6424

22 minutes ago, Beagle said:

There are no rules that you can not touch a ref in HS Basketball or any basketball for that matter.You can't man handle one or attack one but you can touch even try and hand  fight by one to get to another ref for an explanation it happens a lot TBH .

She was waaaaaay out of the coaches box  but...that was a clean block no way if i am a coach i aint getting an explanation. Karma stepped in and she missed 2 FT..I feel bad for her because she is a freshamn and never should have been on the line in the first place. 

I am a a Camden Lions  fan and enjoyed that game a lot. It ended in OT the way it should have ended in regulation 

Fair enough, but get your explanation somewhere besides half court.  That's an automatic T.

The foul that was called was an abysmal call, but so we're about 20 other calls/non-calls in that game.

Bottom line she should've been stuck.

Levy intentionally fouled late and the refs didn't call it it would have been her fifth foul don't know what the refs were thinking or leaving was thinking but call that obvious foul with a minute to go Macon wins I'm just a fan not from neither school     The block was clean also so should not of gotten to that foul I'm talking about but how do you let that go

1 hour ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

The whole Macon fan section booed Dana as she received her plaque.  The Macon County student section repeatedly shouted “Levy You suck”.  Now those are classy people right there.  I am so proud of Upperman and Coach Mcwilliams!  

Also region game when Upperman starting forward got hurt, nobody took a knee from Macon ,Larry White Busch leagued it and was coaching and yelling at his players while the gym was complete silent,anybody from Macon remember that ? 

• Like 1

Macon County owns this district, region, and honestly sub-state the next three years with two freshmen, and the sophomore of the state outscoring the mighty Levy, had a frosh hit 2 or 3 free throws the Bees are sitting at home with a silver ball. If Levy is not on this squad Macon wins going away. 

Edited by PrinceOfHillsdale633

Had Upperman’s coach had any sense at all #10 would have scored a solid 15 points running into the lane shooting 8 footers in the first half. It should not have been close. The better coach was wearing blue and white and that’s all there is to it. Statement will hold true in the upcoming 2-3 years. 

Edited by PrinceOfHillsdale633

7 hours ago, Beagle said:

There are no rules that you can not touch a ref in HS Basketball or any basketball for that matter.You can't man handle one or attack one but you can touch even try and hand  fight by one to get to another ref for an explanation it happens a lot TBH .

She was waaaaaay out of the coaches box  but...that was a clean block no way if i am a coach i aint getting an explanation. Karma stepped in and she missed 2 FT..I feel bad for her because she is a freshamn and never should have been on the line in the first place. 

I am a a Camden Lions  fan and enjoyed that game a lot. It ended in OT the way it should have ended in regulation 

Hey Beagle. Good to hear from ya man.  Immediately after the call happened I posted in another thread that I thought it was an obvious foul. Looked like her hand got all ball but the follow through by Levy went all up in the shooters arms and looked to have made significant contact. However lots of people are saying what you are. Maybe I am crazy. Regardless I really respect your opinion. Hope you are doing well. 

There is a understood rule that you don't go out more than a step on the floor if you're arguing a call, nor do you ever touch a ref. Nobody around where I was sitting thought the foul call on the 3 was right, as it looked to us that she never touched her. Dana had every right to be upset with that specific call, but should have been popped more than once. Meanwhile, the refs had no idea how many shots, nor time left on the clock, and then dealing with Dana...meanwhile a freshman who has played her guts out and is exhausted is waiting to shoot free throws while all the circus is going on. Why Dana got away with it is a question that is for other conspiracy theorists.

It was the complete lack of a call, and a whole night of no calls against Levy, previously that we all were exasperated by. How can a player as aggressive as Levy play basically 3 quarters and have 1 foul (after the quick 2 she had early)? Great player, and I'll take her on my team every day, but you couldn't watch that game and not come away thinking that they intentionally made sure she didn't foul out. 

Fantastic game though. Lot of courage on show, by both teams, by mostly Freshmen and Sophomores.