Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

14 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Two things.....District 14 hosted last year so it would not had been at GC and second GC couldnt hold the fan base for all the teams. You would know that by being at TCA last year and seeing the crowds District 13 brings. Playing two games on that floor doesnt give anyone a advantage over the other. Especially when the first region game is at a regular gym. 

Gibson County has held fan bases far larger than the Single A teams around here... 

11 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Gibson County has held fan bases far larger than the Single A teams around here... 

Maybe for a single game but not a regional tournament. I have been there when it is packed and it was only two teams. Four teams no way! UTM and the city of Martin is alot better host and more accommodating for all. Good luck to GC they have played too good this year. 

22 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Maybe for a single game but not a regional tournament. I have been there when it is packed and it was only two teams. Four teams no way! UTM and the city of Martin is alot better host and more accommodating for all. Good luck to GC they have played too good this year. 

I don't think GC has a problem playing anywhere, any time. GC has held huge crowds and always has. Girls and Boys. But the fact that 13 A got to play their District Tournament at the same college venue that the Region is is totally crossing the ethical lines, IMO. Ought to be a bylaw that wouldn't allow it. But it is what it is and we will use it as motivation I am sure providing we get there. I think GC has been OK with it because they have a don't care who they play when they play attitude. How do you think Greenfield and 13 A would have reacted if 14 A was having all there's at the same college venue?  They wouldn't have allowed it. 

Edited by pioneer42

Here we go, 

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Why not just play this tournament at Gibson County every year and spread the money evenly among the teams in the Region tournament.... UTM fits more people obviously, but still not sure I'm excited about playing it there if I'm a 14A coach/team going up against a 13A team that has already played me close once, or twice, during the regular season and them having the advantage of already playing on UTM's court at least twice before the region tournament.... it may not seem like a big deal, but it is a big deal. One bad shooting game ends the season....

Don’t go there about GC is getting mistreated. Your girls don’t need to hear how they are at a disadvantage and mistreated. Playing the region at GC every year how fair is that to the other 12 teams.

We rotate the region every year.  14A picked the region last year so 13A picks this year.

Just tell Greenfield what gym and we will be there ready to play. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don't think GC has a problem playing anywhere, any time. GC has held huge crowds and always has. Girls and Boys. But the fact that 13 A got to play their District Tournament at the same college venue that the Region is is totally crossing the ethical lines, IMO. Ought to be a bylaw that wouldn't allow it. But it is what it is and we will use it as motivation I am sure providing we get there. I think GC has been OK with it because they have a don't care who they play when they play attitude. How do you think Greenfield and 13 A would have reacted if 14 A was having all there's at the same college venue?  They wouldn't have allowed it. 

Total BS.....i am sure every team here could care less who and where they play. You think someone is afraid of GC lol? This was decided way early in the season before anyone had a winning record. Our girls loved the atmosphere. Really a neutral court is to everyones advantage. How do you come up with that it is fair to play on one of yalls courts??? What if every District 14 team gets knocked out first round? How is that fair for us to travel all the way over there for a championship game like last year where it was standing room only and people were watching from the doorways? It seems you are already building the case for your girls to lose. This venue is the perfect place to prep for Murfreesboro.  Again it was not your year to choose.

12 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Here we go, 

Don’t go there about GC is getting mistreated. Your girls don’t need to hear how they are at a disadvantage and mistreated. Playing the region at GC every year how fair is that to the other 12 teams  

We rotate the region every year.  14A picked the region last year so 13A picks this year.

Just tell Greenfield what gym and we will be there ready to play. 

You think Greenfield and 13 A would have 0 problem with GC and 14 A playing District and Region in the same college venue at UTM? Their ought to be a bylaw against it. 13 A ought to playing their District Tournament at Greenfield or ??? GC's coach is fine with it obviously but let's not pretend it is not an advantage. Neither team could throw the ball in the ocean last night.

19 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

How do you think Greenfield and 13 A would have reacted if 14 A was having all there's at the same college venue?  They wouldn't have allowed it. 

Greenfield isn’t worried about where we play and GC shouldn’t be either. Let’s just play ball and see who comes out 1 and 2. I hope it’s GC and Greenfield and we go to state and meet up again. 

3 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

Total BS.....i am sure every team here could care less who and where they play. You think someone is afraid of GC lol? This was decided way early in the season before anyone had a winning record. Our girls loved the atmosphere. Really a neutral court is to everyones advantage. How do you come up with that it is fair to play on one of yalls courts??? What if every District 14 team gets knocked out first round? How is that fair for us to travel all the way over there for a championship game like last year where it was standing room only and people were watching from the doorways? It seems you are already building the case for your girls to lose. This venue is the perfect place to prep for Murfreesboro.  Again it was not your year to choose.

13 A ought to be playing their District in a HS setting. GC's is not scared of anybody. Not fair to us, TCA Peabody or ??? and other people in this thread say it is a definite advantage.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You think Greenfield and 13 A would have 0 problem with GC and 14 A playing District and Region in the same college venue at UTM? Their ought to be a bylaw against it. 13 A ought to playing their District Tournament at Greenfield or ??? GC's coach is fine with it obviously but let's not pretend it is not an advantage. Neither team could throw the ball in the ocean last night.

Greenfield will never get to host a tournament and you know that. I just heard Loretto has over 500 students and do you hear anybody from Greenfield complaining about that. No and you won’t because we don’t make excuses.

We ought to be looking at this as a big advantage playing at the college and getting use to the wide open space and big gym.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We play our district at White County and the years we host the region we play the region tournament there as well. Pretty common practice. 

4 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield isn’t worried about where we play and GC shouldn’t be either. Let’s just play ball and see who comes out 1 and 2. I hope it’s GC and Greenfield and we go to state and meet up again. 

GC and their coach don't care where they play either. Other fans on this thread brought it up because none of yow could throw the ball in the ocean last night. Not a coincidence everyone shot bad. College venue is a different venue.

Just now, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield will never get to host a tournament and you know that. I just heard Loretto has over 500 students and do you hear anybody from Greenfield complaining about that. No and you won’t because we don’t make excuses.

We ought to be looking at this as a big advantage playing at the college and getting use to the wide open space and big gym.  

You’re making too much sense now ole buddy!  Look out we are agreeing way too much here lately!

• Like 1