Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

14 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Childress is a junior. She will be a beast next year too. She got that first step that is hard to defend. They do alot to only have 7 girls on that team. Only losing 1 senior and have a huge crop of incoming freshmen next year. I think Peterson has came along way since she moved to Dresden. She still averaging around 12ppg and 6 or 7 assist every night. She wasnt getting them assist at Clarksburg. Ball control and fundamentals has really improved for her this year (not sure West had anything to do with that). She got several schools looking at her but I have not heard if she has gotten any offers yet. Washburn is lights out when she hitting.

It is good to see Peterson playing better this year. Did not realize that her assist numbers went up over the past year. I knew that she could be a great point guard for yall.

Edited by rebelman101

6 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

As it has been pointed out, the site of the region tournament rotates between districts and this year is 13A's turn. I can assure you tournament organizers were not looking at having any "unfair advantage" when selecting UTM as its site. They were seeking a venue that would comfortably hold the crowds and UTM officials wisely see this as an opportunity to get high school kids on their campus. The folks in Carroll Co. & Bethel have done the same. It is an adjustment playing there but it will help whoever gets to MTSU.

My suggestion would be 14A consider reaching out to Union for the same type arrangement. DeLay Gym holds nearly 2,000 which should be sufficient for district/region tournaments. Or certainly Oman Arena, which seats more than the Elam Center and hosted the NAIA Women's National Championships for 21 years until 2011. In these scenarios, 14A would have that advantage.

I don't think they intentionally did it to cause an advantage.... but the reality is, there is an advantage...

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

It was UC’s year to host and their gym cant accommodate the crowds is why we are at UTM. What about the other districts playing at Bethel for both??? The only people crying about is the GC fans. I think everyone else is good with it. If your team has the attitude you claim they have why are you crying and making excuses about it????? You are obviously worried about getting put out like last year.

None of our gyms could hold the size of crowds that we have at Bethel each night. The only gym that is big enough to hold the crowd size is West Carroll, but when McKenzie and Huntingdon each fills up a side there are no other places to sit for other schools. Bethel is a great venue to play in. I have no problem with District 13 playing at UTM. It would be standing room only and then some if those games were held at a high school gym. 

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Wonder if you have to play your 1st round region game at home or can you play wherever you want? If I were Huntingdon and McKenzie I would play at Bethel if I could!

Yea I would too. Well the past teams that we have played at home like Perry County and Collinwood haven't brought very big crowds so I doubt they would play at Bethel. How was Huntingdon's crowds during region play?

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

You’re making too much sense now ole buddy!  Look out we are agreeing way too much here lately!

Yep you are right. One of these days I’m going to run into you somewhere. Maybe at the state tournament. I set with 7Awatcher last year at state tournament and had a good visit. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

55 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

As it has been pointed out, the site of the region tournament rotates between districts and this year is 13A's turn. I can assure you tournament organizers were not looking at having any "unfair advantage" when selecting UTM as its site. They were seeking a venue that would comfortably hold the crowds and UTM officials wisely see this as an opportunity to get high school kids on their campus. The folks in Carroll Co. & Bethel have done the same. It is an adjustment playing there but it will help whoever gets to MTSU.

My suggestion would be 14A consider reaching out to Union for the same type arrangement. DeLay Gym holds nearly 2,000 which should be sufficient for district/region tournaments. Or certainly Oman Arena, which seats more than the Elam Center and hosted the NAIA Women's National Championships for 21 years until 2011. In these scenarios, 14A would have that advantage.

My suggestion would that the District 13 A or whomever cannot play the District Tournament at the same place the Region is being played if at a college venue. If you think there is any thing fair about 13 A playing their District and Region at a big college venue and 14 A coming over after it plays theirs on a HS venue your wrong. Needs to be a bylaw in place that doesn't allow it. 

19 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

That's a valid point. There were some calls made throughout the game that were called inconsistent on both sides. Gleason got away with some pushing and shoving on the defensive end but when Dresden did it they called the fouls. I sat on Dresden's side and some of the calls that the fans were griping about weren't even fouls at all. Personally one of the refs is known for being very inconsistent. We have had the same problem with him at McKenzie games like y'all did tonight with him. Gleason players were mad at the officials too so that tells you it was bad refereeing.  

I've been around the game (basketball,football) all my life and in North-West Tennessee....no disrespect, but could you ever tell me a time when Dresden doesn't have a problem with the refs?? That's laughable. It's 10 times worse in football. There may be a lot of good people in Dresden, but their fanbase (especially in football) is terrible and not very sportsmanship like. Watching both games, Greenfield settled in and did what they do in the 2nd half. Dresden & Gleason were like they normally are...down to the wire. I'd put that loss more on Dresden's (coach) inability to call a time out and adjust his offense to get away from all of those outside shots. If they would've taken to the basketball over the last 2 quarters, they probably win by 10. IMO

5 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

Know the Darby & McNeil families very well & I'll have to say from reading all your posts for awhile now, you are a little biased when it comes to your Greenfield players. Chloe has had the same amount of time invested in her training as Tess & Edie. Chloe has had a tough year losing one of her main supporters & it has only fueled her to step up her game. The last thing Greenfield needs is these players feeling like they're competing against each other or resentment over one being nominated over another. All three are outstanding players & AAU ball & their parents are HUGE factors for their success thus far.

It's pretty evident, if you go through his posts. He may be related to the Darbys, but both the Darbys and the Moore-McNeils are all good people. Their girls work extremely hard and I wouldn't be on CoachT if I were a family member or fan trying to "divide" my own team with little remarks about my team's players or work ethics. They all compliment each other, he should be supportive "equally" of all 3 stars that they have. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I've been around the game (basketball,football) all my life and in North-West Tennessee....no disrespect, but could you ever tell me a time when Dresden doesn't have a problem with the refs?? That's laughable. It's 10 times worse in football. There may be a lot of good people in Dresden, but their fanbase (especially in football) is terrible and not very sportsmanship like. Watching both games, Greenfield settled in and did what they do in the 2nd half. Dresden & Gleason were like they normally are...down to the wire. I'd put that loss more on Dresden's (coach) inability to call a time out and adjust his offense to get away from all of those outside shots. If they would've taken to the basketball over the last 2 quarters, they probably win by 10. IMO

The fact someone from 14A is even commenting is laughable.

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

I am not going to start stuff about their fan base, but there are people in every crowd that wants a foul called on every push or every blocked shot. There were just some very obvious calls that were missed by the referees, that should have been called. Its a rivalry game so I think the officials let them play. We have only played Dresden in basketball over the past 3 years and in the games that we played, I didn't see a problem with their fans. Now that maybe different for other teams that play them consistently and in more sports, but we haven't had a problem with them as far as I can remember. Personally Idc for Coach west and his dad. His dad looks like he is going to have a mental breakdown every time they play and young West just yells at his players the whole game rather than coach them. We fired Coach Browning and that's all I am saying about that.