Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

20 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Here we go, 

Don’t go there about GC is getting mistreated. Your girls don’t need to hear how they are at a disadvantage and mistreated. Playing the region at GC every year how fair is that to the other 12 teams.

We rotate the region every year.  14A picked the region last year so 13A picks this year.

Just tell Greenfield what gym and we will be there ready to play. 

You like to twist and turn a lot of what is said on here.... I haven't said anything about Gibson County being mistreated, you just said it.... I said it's not fair for 13A having two games on the court before 14A ever shows up for the region tournament. If you don't think that makes a difference, trust me, it does.

As for Gibson County hosting the region tournament.....they're the only Single A school in this area capable of handling that type of crowd in a high school setting. If you don't believe me, look back at the late 90's and early 2000's when Gibson County hosted the district and region tournament EVERY year... teams like Covington, Brighton, Haywood, Ripley, Dyer County, Dyersburg, Martin Westview who are much bigger schools, and the teams/games were a lot better than what we have in West TN now. People and coaches wanted the tournament at Gibson County.... Gibson did have an advantage playing on its home floor, but they also got beat in some of those games on their home floor.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

13 A ought to be playing their District in a HS setting. GC's is not scared of anybody. Not fair to us, TCA Peabody or ??? and other people in this thread say it is a definite advantage.

It was UC’s year to host and their gym cant accommodate the crowds is why we are at UTM. What about the other districts playing at Bethel for both??? The only people crying about is the GC fans. I think everyone else is good with it. If your team has the attitude you claim they have why are you crying and making excuses about it????? You are obviously worried about getting put out like last year.

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC and their coach don't care where they play either. Other fans on this thread brought it up because none of yow could throw the ball in the ocean last night. Not a coincidence everyone shot bad. College venue is a different venue.

That's exactly right... this isn't a Gibson County versus everybody conversation. This originated as a bad shooting among all teams in the District 13-A tournament last night conversation....

I like watching good basketball where the shots go in... not teams struggling to hit the backboard....

Edited by GCPioneer

29 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

this isn't a Gibson County versus everybody conversation. This originated as a bad shooting among all teams in the District 13-A tournament last night conversation.... 

You are making it a GC against everybody post.

I’d love to play GC again. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

4 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree. That gym changes everything for everyone. Seen several girls airball shots both games that they normally wouldnt airball. The size, layout, type of goals, and dimmer lighting throws off depth perception if you don’t play on them regularly. 

This how this conversation got started. You a Greenfield Fan supporting my argument. All four teams obviously struggling shooting. 

1 minute ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You are making it a GC against everybody post. In fact I hope Gleason knocks GC out.  I’d love to see two Weakley County teams go to state like last year. I’d love to play GC again. 

You hope Gleason knocks GC out..... you'd love to see two Weakley County teams go to state like last year.... Greenfield would love to play GC again.....

one thing that is for sure, 1 of those 3 might turn out true....

1 minute ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You are making it a GC against everybody post. In fact I hope Gleason knocks GC out.  I’d love to see two Weakley County teams go to state like last year. I’d love to play GC again. 

Read the post right above this one. AllvolHere started it by talking about the different venue. We hadn't got to Gleason yet. You guys hadn't beat them yet either. We got work to do ourselves.

12 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

That's exactly right... this isn't a Gibson County versus everybody conversation. This originated as a bad shooting among all teams in the District 13-A tournament last night conversation....

I like watching good basketball where the shots go in... not teams struggling to hit the backboard....

Same deal over in region 6 @ Bethel and those kids in district 12 got to drive 2-3 hrs to get here!

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

This how this conversation got started. You a Greenfield Fan supporting my argument. All four teams obviously struggling shooting. 

But i am not whining about it unlike you. I am glad it is here. It put four teams on the floor with no homecourt advantage for anyone and lots of room where you are not sitting in a opposing teams lap. No team should have a homecourt advantage to be fair to everyone. But go ahead and cry a river how GC is being so mistreated.