Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2018-19 and why?

gogold

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Greenfield did not play well in the first game. Struggled with a very average Union City for a half. They better pick it up. They're beat if they play like that again!

Union City is one of those teams that plays to the level of their competition. They are talented and always play us tough. IMO win and advance this time of year. We play games a lot where we don't play well but win. Sign of a good team when you don't play well and still win by double digits. Sounds like all the teams didn't particularly shoot the ball well, especially the second game.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Union City is one of those teams that plays to the level of their competition. They are talented and always play us tough. IMO win and advance this time of year. We play games a lot where we don't play well but win. Sign of a good team when you don't play well and still win by double digits. Sounds like all the teams didn't particularly shoot the ball well, especially the second game.

Agree. That gym changes everything for everyone. Seen several girls airball shots both games that they normally wouldnt airball. The size, layout, type of goals, and dimmer lighting throws off depth perception if you don’t play on them regularly. 

1 minute ago, AllVolHere said:

Agree. That gym changes everything for everyone. Seen several girls airball shots both games that they normally wouldnt airball. The size, layout, type of goals, and dimmer lighting throws off depth perception if you don’t play on them regularly. 

Yeah we play there every year in the summer. Definitely different than the girls are used to.

5 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

District 13-A will have an advantage over 14-A headed into the region tournament getting to play on UTM's floor already... I like the idea of playing it there, but there's also an adjustment that has to be made by teams.....

Yeah it definitely helps but they also have to go back to a regular gym for a game. Teams will have to attack the basket early and often and not be so dependent on the three. Know Gleason and Dresden missed a bunch of threes. Dresden hit more it seemed than Gleason.

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Big advantage for district13. Greenfield shot the ball terrible the 1st half. Moore-McNeil or old Darby couldn't hit the waste can with a popcorn sack the 1st half. They got used to the backdrop the 2nd half and shot better but still not great. If I was a district 14 coach I would have every practice @ UTM! Backdrop can make a huge difference.

Why not just play this tournament at Gibson County every year and spread the money evenly among the teams in the Region tournament.... UTM fits more people obviously, but still not sure I'm excited about playing it there if I'm a 14A coach/team going up against a 13A team that has already played me close once, or twice, during the regular season and them having the advantage of already playing on UTM's court at least twice before the region tournament.... it may not seem like a big deal, but it is a big deal. One bad shooting game ends the season....

Edited by GCPioneer

16 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Big advantage for district13. Greenfield shot the ball terrible the 1st half. Moore-McNeil or old Darby couldn't hit the waste can with a popcorn sack the 1st half. They got used to the backdrop the 2nd half and shot better but still not great. If I was a district 14 coach I would have every practice @ UTM! Backdrop can make a huge difference.

We obviously got work to do to get there, but I imagine GC's coach would make arrangements to get players use to it. First round is Thursday. Second round is Saturday. Would only have a day and half maybe to work out.  We play there every summer and have played well at times on that floor. But we have to get there first. 

5 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Why not just play this tournament at Gibson County every year and spread the money evenly among the teams in the Region tournament.... UTM fits more people obviously, but still not sure I'm excited about playing it there if I'm a 14A coach/team going up against a 13A team that has already played me close once, or twice, during the regular season and them having the advantage of already playing on UTM's court at least twice before the region tournament.... it may not seem like a big deal, but it is a big deal.

Yeah we all knew about it and have discussed it among parents and brought it to Coaches attention. But it is hard to tell players and plant a seed to them that they may be at a disadvantage. GC plays there every summer and has played well at times. Don't you imagine that Coach is on top of that already?

Edited by pioneer42

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah we all knew about it and have discussed it among parents and brought it to Coaches attention. But it is hard to tell players and plant a seed to them that they may be at a disadvantage. GC plays there every summer and has played well at times. Don't you imagine that Coach is on top of that already?

I'm making my point.... not Coach Wilkins or the parents point... 

Edited by GCPioneer

21 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I'm making my point.... not Coach Wilkins or the parents point... but I'm sure me and Coach Wilkins have the same thought process here.

No doubt about it. It is very obvious that 13 A wants no part of playing a Region tournament at GC. I honestly don't know how it got passed but all I was saying is that is what we were fed and we have to go in and take care of business. All I am saying is as a parent or a coach it is not a good thing to plant a seed in a players head that they may be at a disadvantage not playing there like others will. Also hard to practice there now as another poster alluded because we have business to take care of in our gym. Hopefully if we get there Coach will handle accordingly. We all know as fans it is definitely an advantage for 13 A. That is fine though. Very obvious Region wants no part of playing it at GC and we got fed an old sandwich.

Edited by pioneer42

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt about it. It is very obvious that 13 A wants no part of playing a Region tournament at GC. I honestly don't know how it got passed but all I was saying is that is what we were fed and we have to go in and take care of business. All I am saying is as a parent or a coach it is not a good thing to plant a seed in a players head that they may be at a disadvantage not playing there like others will. Also hard to practice there now as another poster alluded because we have business to take care of in our gym. Hopefully if we get there Coach will handle accordingly. We all know as fans it is definitely an advantage for 13 A. That is fine though. Very obvious Region wants no part of playing it at GC and we got fed an old sandwich.

Two things.....District 14 hosted last year so it would not had been at GC and second GC couldnt hold the fan base for all the teams. You would know that by being at TCA last year and seeing the crowds District 13 brings. Playing two games on that floor doesnt give anyone a advantage over the other. Especially when the first region game is at a regular gym.