Greeneville @ DB

1 hour ago, Gunner0331 said:

I predict 20 - 19 at the half DB. Because they come hard out of the gate. By the end of the game 47-20 Greeneville. Mainly because of the discipline and stamina Greeneville has.

That would be similar to last year.If DB hasn't taken the steps to correct it's strength and conditioning program after all these years then it's still an 800 pound gorilla .I have often compared it to my spelling and grammar ability.I'd be the first to say it's well below average.The difference should be that I don't give a ratsaz.However,my spelling only hurts Batman,while the arrogance and lack of a top strength program has been an embarrassment to Kingsport second only to DB's playoff history.I can say it because I had a son on the 2008 state number 1 ranked DB team  going into the playoffs.That would have been another DB state championship if not for the playoff system .What it ended up being was a first round loss.It came at home to a 6-4 McMinn Co team that was at least A five or six touchdown underdog and the talent difference was every bit that much in DB's favor.The strength and conditioning,along with a pass defense will be the two things I'm personally looking to see a vast improvement over this year.It has to happen if my family is to ever have a school like my Devils and bring home a gold ball.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

That would be similar to last year.If DB hasn't taken the steps to correct it's strength and conditioning program after all these years then it's still an 800 pound gorilla .I have often compared it to my spelling and grammar ability.I'd be the first to say it's well below average.The difference should be that I don't give a ratsaz.However,my spelling only hurts Batman,while the arrogance and lack of a top strength program has been an embarrassment to Kingsport second only to DB's playoff history.I can say it because I had a son on the 2008 state number 1 ranked DB team  going into the playoffs.That would have been another DB state championship if not for the playoff system .What it ended up being was a first round loss.It came at home to a 6-4 McMinn Co team that was at least A five or six touchdown underdog and the talent difference was every bit that much in DB's favor.The strength and conditioning,along with a pass defense will be the two things I'm personally looking to see a vast improvement over this year.It has to happen if my family is to ever have a school like my Devils and bring home a gold ball.

I think you and I have been preaching about the pass defense (me) and the strength and conditioning program (you) at least since 2005. That's 13 years. It's a no brainer when you look at the stats over those 13 past years. DB has the talent. It would be such an easy fix. Hire a good strength and conditioning coach and someone who can coach defensive backs. And I'd bet the farm that they could hire these two coaches for less money than their paying out now. But if it hasn't happened in 13 years it ain't never gonna' happen. I haven't been able to find a coach on the staff in all of those 13 years that has ever admitted there's a problem in those areas.

12 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think you and I have been preaching about the pass defense (me) and the strength and conditioning program (you) at least since 2005. That's 13 years. It's a no brainer when you look at the stats over those 13 past years. DB has the talent. It would be such an easy fix. Hire a good strength and conditioning coach and someone who can coach defensive backs. And I'd bet the farm that they could hire these two coaches for less money than their paying out now. But if it hasn't happened in 13 years it ain't never gonna' happen. I haven't been able to find a coach on the staff in all of those 13 years that has ever admitted there's a problem in those areas.

I remember going into Halls high school and seeing all their lifting records for one year.A lot of 300 pound bench players,one of the best in the nation at the time.If you go back several years ago when those records were set,you will no doubt see they had a very good football team.won it all one year.Greeneville has a great coaching staff and strength program and it has paid off.That said,DB has three times the athletes to pick from and that is a big part of the reason that Greeneville and pretty much every other school in the area has got a beat down against DB more times then not.I bet money DB has enough athletes walking the halls this year as they always have, that won't play,to beat most area football teams with that schools assistant football coach or maybe even that schools band director.I expect this to be a very hard game for Greeneville and it should be.Really,DB should not ever lose to an area school this side of JC.I said when they hired Carter that SH was going to be the team that could beat DB maybe half the time.That was right after a DB football banquet when  I heard a  joke saying coach Carter couldn't beat us at South and he won't beat us at SH.Probably not been to many of those jokes over the last several years.I always say what I think and here it goes.I'm excited for DB football and coach Christian with his staff.Several of those coaches could be a head coach and a few come and go that have been head coaches.I expect coach Christian to make adjustments that will fix old problems and also use those things that were top notch as DB goes into the future.Coach Clark was very good at getting a team ready to play and putting points on the board.Probably the hardest working coach in the area.Would make perfect sense to have him around to help in those areas .I think DB will be fine and expect it.

41 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I will take DB in a close one, advantage of a big line and a solid running back and playing at J. Fred.  Hope the Green Devils soften them up some though before they come to Oak Ridge next week;

Never forget that offensive line OR had in 2008.I think they averaged about 6'4 315.The QB looked like he was about 240 pounds as well.Love the way your team comes off the hill pregame.One of the best in all of high school

Except for maybe one or two fans,it looks like nobody wants to help fuel any football fires for this game.My thoughts are If either one of these teams isn't ready to walk into the big house and play Friday night,then that team doesn't deserve to win.Got some great reports on both teams from a ref friend ,so I'm really looking forward to watching this game get underway.A lot of key matchups that we all know will be tested by both coaching staffs.The biggest thing that can turn the game is  penalties and turnovers.See the source image

24 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Except for maybe one or two fans,it looks like nobody wants to help fuel any football fires for this game.My thoughts are If either one of these teams isn't ready to walk into the big house and play Friday night,then that team doesn't deserve to win.Got some great reports on both teams from a ref friend ,so I'm really looking forward to watching this game get underway.A lot of key matchups that we all know will be tested by both coaching staffs.The biggest thing that can turn the game is  penalties and turnovers.See the source image

Greeneville by 3+ Scores 

2 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Greeneville by 3+ Scores 

Anythings possible either way.What I'd like to see is a Greeneville defense that can play without having to load the box or run blitz and still be able to stop that DB running game.That said,DB got a lot on the Devils in the air last year,so I'd also like to see that tighten up as well.On offense,I'd love to see the Devils go up and down the field and score like it was the 2010 championship game.I'd just like to leave this year and know the Devils are the better team,without a question.

1 hour ago, kingindian33 said:

With this new coach not one knows if DB will play a whole game ....  

"All eyes on me " - I can only imagine what he will be thinking on that sideline his first game 

Never know how a coach will respond when it's all on him and he is the one that has to answer why this or that.The first thing would probably be to get over the joy of knowing your the man and go to work like there is no tomorrow.Everyone in Kingsport and the state really ,will be watching to see if the powers that be made a good call by not going outside and bringing in new blood.Either way,it's like when we vote.Some will wait and see but a few won't like anything he does ,unless it's bring home the gold.Then a few  probably still won't like him.