Greeneville @ DB

54 minutes ago, bounder said:

I'm with Barney the only thing any band is good for is playing the fight song after a touchdown and of course their half-time show. And I do give DB credit for having a great band. But they are just  playing music at a FOOTBALL GAME!!

Haven't seen Oak Ridge's band this year but they usually aren't much. But they're ours and their parents come to see them. Makes the gate larger .... money rules.

Love'em or hate'em the band is one of the many things that make Friday night lights so special. 

10 minutes ago, eers said:

What I saw was a 63 yard TD pass in the 4th quarter... while up 36-3. I think that proves my earlier statement. 

Starters played till the mercy rule. As well neither teams like each other at all. We will beat many teams this year badly and our guys will need much action. That was with over 7 minutes left in the 4rth and starters were pulled after that. Don’t be jealous over the champs. 

Glad they got the mercy rule. The clock ran continuously and we got out sooner lol 

Edited by DevilMan03
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, eers said:

What I saw was a 63 yard TD pass in the 4th quarter... while up 36-3. I think that proves my earlier statement. 

Most coaches will play starters in a big game or against a very talented team until the mercy rule goes into effect.   You have to have 35 points or more for the mercy rule.   36-3 is a 33 point difference.  If it proves your point then good for you!  

Edited by Romansfive8

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

Starters played till the mercy rule. As well neither teams like each other at all. We will beat many teams this year badly and our guys will need much action. That was with over 7 minutes left in the 4rth and starters were pulled after that. Don’t be jealous over the champs 

I’m not jealous. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Greeneville has a great team. I just don’t think I would have the starters in at 36-3.  What happens if Ballard goes down while throwing that 63 yard touchdown that means nothing? I also wouldn’t be throwing 63 yard passes up 36-3 half way through the 4th quarter, but that’s just me. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Most coaches will play starters in a big game or against a very talented team until the mercy rule goes into effect.   You have to have 35 points or more for the mercy rule.   36-3 is a 33 point difference.  If it proves your point then good for you!  

Perhaps they will early, but I’ve also seen it end players’ season when it was unnecessary. I understand the rules and basic math as well, it’s just not a risk worth taking IMO. Also, as far as what most coaches do, I’m not so sure about that and I’m certain most aren’t throwing deep passes that late in the game with a “33” point lead. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, eers said:

Perhaps they will early, but I’ve also seen it end players’ season when it was unnecessary. I understand the rules and basic math as well, it’s just not a risk worth taking IMO. Also, as far as what most coaches do, I’m not so sure about that and I’m certain most aren’t throwing deep passes that late in the game with a “33” point lead. 

Well Coach Ballard has 3 Titles in 8 years and a fourth coming this year so whatever he’s doing is working lol 

7 minutes ago, eers said:

Never say never to a team that never quits

ever 

Edited by Romansfive8

5 minutes ago, eers said:

I’m not jealous. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Greeneville has a great team. I just don’t think I would have the starters in at 36-3.  What happens if Ballard goes down while throwing that 63 yard touchdown that means nothing? I also wouldn’t be throwing 63 yard passes up 36-3 half way through the 4th quarter, but that’s just me. 

Greenville scored 43 points. They could of scored 70. They went easy on DB. Ballard could of thrown a 63 yard pass on every possession if he wanted. 

• Upvote 1