Greeneville @ DB

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That building your thinking of (North) is going to be the new middle school combining Sevier and Robinson. And like you said, they don't think enough of the football program to even consider doing anything like that. The problems are the same at SH and DB. They hired average head coaches and then let them hire all their friends as assistants. 

Yep,I said something along those lines few years ago.All the players that wouldn't play for a coach or two at DB.Or the ones that wanted to win something,just go to North and bring one back.Several were talking about it three years ago.My youngest told them  he would just wrestle at the time but if he wasn't going to play football for DB he would just pull for his friends instead but not against them..

6 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Sure it does. That was an extra 4 wins built in, and I'm not slighting DB for playing them, because they were conference opponents. I told those guys that they were trading 4 sure wins for games against teams (especially Murville) that could beat you on any given night. In fact, I applaud DB for stepping out to schedule Alcoa and Greeneville. They could just as easily kept THS, Volunteer, etc. as I'm sure those schools would have liked to have kept DB for the gate and concession money. 

Or with proper coaching (Watson as DC) and you still win against tougher teams. Doesn't really matter if it's 40-0 or 21-17. Winning is the same. I give Watson most of the credit for winning all those Big East championships against schools closer to DB's size. THS, Volunteer, Central, Boone etc. was not in the Big East Conference.

Come on guys!  It is that hard to admit that Greeneville is just that much better??  Some of you are being way too hard on DB for losing this game!   Heck they lost to the top 4a team in the state TN!  I would say a coach/team/fans never want to lose any game, but if it does happen, I would rather say it was to one of the best teams in the state than rather to a team that has not won a game in 2 years.   DB is still a solid program and I believe they will have good football team this year!   Get behind your team and support them win or lose!  I hope they get the win against OR this coming week!  

Edited by Romansfive8

2 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Come on guys!  It is that hard to admit that Greeneville is just that much better??  Some of you are being way too hard on DB for losing this game!   Heck they lost to the top 4a team in the state TN!  I would say a coach/team/fans never want to lose any game, but if it does happen, I would rather say it was to one of the best teams in the state than rather to a team that has not won a game in 2 years.   DB is still a solid program and I believe they will have good football team this year!   Get behind your team and support them win or lose!  I hope they get the win against OR this coming week!  

I can't imagine what the OR fans would say if DB comes down there and beats them after this week.OR is one of three teams in our state that has won a national title and they have a lot of pride as well.Greeneville has a great team but a lot of Dobyns Bennett folks feel there should be the same up here.You can see that by the money that is put into the school.Shoot,I have a brick with my families name on it at the field house.You talking about a waste of money.Thats like buying a new car and all you get to take home is the license plate.

13 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

That's not what we're saying, at least not me. Obviously Greenville is that much better, and then some. We're just talking about the reasons DB couldn't stay on the field with them. This game was over before they took the field. DB used to stay on the field with anyone. They would make a game of it all the way to the final whistle. I'm talking about with any team. Greenville was going to win that game but DB should of been in the game at least until the forth quarter. That's just vintage DB. Well, 10 years ago that was vintage DB. That was just not being prepared to play a game Friday night. A total break down by the coaching staff.

13 hours ago, BVDevil said:

technically that's true so far, seeing as they havent lost since they were beaten on a last second hail mary two seasons ago, which by the way was their only loss of the year......cade has lost exactly 3 ball games in his HS career, how many has martin lost? im asking because i dont know the answer, not because im a smartdonkey ( the first part of this post WAS however because im a smartdonkey)

Thank you then I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I can't imagine what the OR fans would say if DB comes down there and beats them after this week.OR is one of three teams in our state that has won a national title and they have a lot of pride as well.Greeneville has a great team but a lot of Dobyns Bennett folks feel there should be the same up here.You can see that by the money that is put into the school.Shoot,I have a brick with my families name on it at the field house.You talking about a waste of money.Thats like buying a new car and all you get to take home is the license plate.

Lol! And I was hoping we relieved ourselves of the shady car salesman last year. Then I see Friday night he's still there large as ever. I remember well in the early 2000's DB had just come off of 2 semi final games and that salesman said he'd have to have a big raise or he was jumping on to MBA. Also made them agree to building him a big fancy field house with a state of the art weight training room. Said that's all he needed to get the team to that state championship game. He never delivered. DB teams have gradually went down hill ever since the new field house was built. Check the stats.