Greeneville @ DB

16 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Knoxville media adopted Greeneville when they started winning state championships, so they could say "Knoxville area teams win 3A, 4A, 5A, and 6A state championships."  In contrast, Johnson City Press and their sport editor (who has the least amount of football knowledge of any sports writer i have ever seen) decided that Greeneville wasn't considered in Northeast Tennessee, i guess because it made Science Hill, DB and Elizabethton look bad if they couldn't get to Cookeville and Greeneville was winning gold balls. 

See the source imageGet the Rebels and Alcoa in NET !!

Edited by BatmanDevil

51 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Seems like DB has always had trouble with a playoff system regardless of the Decade. Thank goodness for unofficial mythical titles.

Doug Fritz, of the  JC press is a tremendous Betsy homer. The sports page looks like it should be called the Elizabethton Press. I believe Fritz has pushed the Devils west.

I would be more upset If I was a current Topper in a city of 70,000 (newspaper potential sales) always having less or equal print than a neighboring town of 15,000.

He says Greeneville is out of their coverage area but he talks about them weekly? 

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

He says Greeneville is out of their coverage area but he talks about them weekly? 

He talks about Greeneville (1) when they are playing Science Hill, DB or Elizabethton; and (2) when they are the only team from East TN left in the playoffs after the others have been knocked off. 

54 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Obviously and they are not alone. ;)

2009 Runnerups

2010, 2011, 2017, and soon to be 2018 State Champs. 

Senior class is 38-3 

Same senior Class has beat your cows 3 consecutive times outscoring them 128-49

Greeneville hasn’t lost a conference game in over 10 years either! 69-0 

5 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

2009 Runnerups

2010, 2011, 2017, and soon to be 2018 State Champs. 

Senior class is 38-3 

Same senior Class has beat your cows 3 consecutive times outscoring them 128-49

Greeneville hasn’t lost a conference game in over 10 years either! 69-0 

Devil has pretty much a Cupcake conference. You have to at least agree with that. If I can remember one of AC conference team beat one of the Devil conference teams in the playoffs. I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

26 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Devil has pretty much a Cupcake conference. You have to at least agree with that. If I can remember one of AC conference team beat one of the Devil conference teams in the playoffs. I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

You mean when Ac went 3-7 back to back years? Lol come on at least we made a game out of it lol you guys have the worst conference in the state!

Not to mention the non conference is awful. That ones on the coach’s! 

Ac will NOT BEAT GREENEVILLE this year. The Devils will be waiting in the quarterfinals and that’s guaranteed! Back to back Titles once again the devils! 

Edited by DevilMan03

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I’d be embarrassed and scared after that game against Wb. Ac isn’t that great and it showed Friday night. That’s coming from Ac fans as well 

You will get a chance to see AC for yourself when Greeneville makes the trip down to Anderson County.