Greeneville @ DB

9 minutes ago, Devilsx4 said:

Better team won last yr... Greene Devils were looking past you guys thats all it was... yall woke up the giant and got smacked in the mouth 35-10 after they woke up... go play your cupcake schedule and we will keep smashing 6a teams... its ok go find a safe space

I'd say the Devils have a dang good chance to repeat as region 1 6A champs!

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

For those whining about Greeneville scoring too many points, starters in during the 4th, etc....     Here is what happens when you get a good lead and just sit on it.     2011, playoff time, DB is up 28-0 on Sevier County in the 3rd quarter.....   I had several friends at this game who left at the 28-0 point....   But look how it ended....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

Can you name another high school team in Tennessee that has ever happened to? Up 28-0 in the 3rd. and then lose the game. No I didn't think so. That was Graham Clark all the way.

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Can you name another high school team in Tennessee that has ever happened to? Up 28-0 in the 3rd. and then lose the game. No I didn't think so. That was Graham Clark all the way.

I’m not exactly sure on the numbers but SC had a pretty comfortable lead Friday night and Jeff Co came back an won. 

1 hour ago, barb said:

I listened to them post game and bout died laughing when they said playing Greeneville will have them in a good shape going into next week...

That was just a small taste of what we have to listen to up here. It's embarrassing. They are all DB homers and part of that "good ole boy" club that we talk about here on CoachT. They have complete control of the football program and everything connected to it. They even have more power than the school board. Trust me on this, 75% of the fan base is fed up with this. The bad thing is the coaching staff and that 25% that support them thinks their doing a great job. They actually think the 75% are a bunch of idiots that know nothing about football. Nothing can be done to fix this mess.

This is embarrassing for DB to lose to a 4A school by such a large margin considering the near unlimited resources that DB has. Go back 20 years and take away the wins against the smaller county schools they played and you have at best a below average team. I’m taliking about schools they should never lose to like Sullivan Central, Volunteer, David Crocket, and Daniel Boone. When they have to play schools their size, especially city schools, they have a really bad record.

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

From the video, about the D-B sign. D-B is not the leader in all time wins in Tennessee. The leader in all time wins is a little ole school in the Foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, the boyhood home of Sam Houston, Murvul (Maryville for transplants). Maryville does not advertise it, and they don’t have a big sign in the end zone. Congrats Green Devils on the win. Nice video. 

Did not know Sam Houston was from Maryville.Davy Crockett was from Greene county.

21 minutes ago, darook70 said:

This is embarrassing for DB to lose to a 4A school by such a large margin considering the near unlimited resources that DB has. Go back 20 years and take away the wins against the smaller county schools they played and you have at best a below average team. I’m taliking about schools they should never lose to like Sullivan Central, Volunteer, David Crocket, and Daniel Boone. When they have to play schools their size, especially city schools, they have a really bad record.

Back when those schools came off the schedule, I told my DB friends that those 9 and 10 win seasons were going to be a thing of the past, and so far, that's held true. Having those schools on the schedule was better than having 4 extra open dates, as it gave your starters a couple of quarters of work, then let your backups get plenty of game experience. 

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

For those whining about Greeneville scoring too many points, starters in during the 4th, etc....     Here is what happens when you get a good lead and just sit on it.     2011, playoff time, DB is up 28-0 on Sevier County in the 3rd quarter.....   I had several friends at this game who left at the 28-0 point....   But look how it ended....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddjlQiaOBWM

I never forget talking on the phone with my dad at halftime.He said DB has that game won.His stepson played for SC back on the day and his grandson had played for the Tribe ,so he was listening in.I just said I'm here but there is no way it's over yet.In all fairness,SC had some great athletes and as we all know,the playoffs are a different beast for Indian football.

2 hours ago, barb said:

Dang, it's the first game of the season dude. You are playing the "winningest team in the state" in their stadium with a video scoreboard in front of 10,000 fans. I would have made a statement too!

It was 36-3 with 7 minutes to go. Score 100, but not to run up stats or win awards. All of it would seem silly if Mr Football got injured in the first week, throwing a TD pass to put them up 39. 

4 minutes ago, eers said:

It was 36-3 with 7 minutes to go. Score 100, but not to run up stats or win awards. All of it would seem silly if Mr Football got injured in the first week, throwing a TD pass to put them up 39. 

You can continue to put forth that argument until everybody else moves on, but that doesn't mean you are right or that anyone but Mav and that pot stirrer Victorioussecrets with 5 Coacht posts will agree with you. I believe we now have to get ready for the next victims er...opponents from Hamblen County. Maybe Ballard can rest the whole second half next week at Burley.