Greeneville @ DB

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Greenville scored 43 points. They could of scored 70. They went easy on DB. Ballard could of thrown a 63 yard pass on every possession if he wanted. 

How many games will DB win this year. Reading all this they sound like they are way down this year.

7 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Greenville scored 43 points. They could of scored 70. They went easy on DB. Ballard could of thrown a 63 yard pass on every possession if he wanted. 

I understand, but getting backups valuable time against “1s” could later prove to be big. I’m all about scoring every possession and as many points as you can. Run your offense. Do what you do. Just run your offense with the “2s”. 

I also want to say I believe the Greeneville program, staff and team are very good. That doesn’t mean I have to agree with everything they do. I am just saying personally I wouldn’t have my starters in at that point throwing the ball in that situation. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I just wish they would have used total stats is all I am saying. You need a good bench mark to judge, I would think.

im late to this discussion as  usual, but i for one am glad they dont just go by stats. stats can be misleading. just like someone on here saying ballard was in the game with 2 minutes to play......they were correct saying that, only thing is, he was on the sideline, in the game.....once they scored that last td, he never returned and there was more than half of the 4th quarter left...which do you all consider worse....a coach leaving his qb in the game longer than what would be considered long enough OR a coach leaving his kid in the game to play with a torn acl???? i know what my answer is.

54 minutes ago, eers said:

What I saw was a 63 yard TD pass in the 4th quarter... while up 36-3. I think that proves my earlier statement. 

all it  proves is that that was one heck of a sweet looking ball that connected perfectly in stride with a future college great.....no matter what quarter it happened....i think sometimes people just look for anything to  pick at when a team is kicking someones donkey

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

DevilMan man has started to believe again that Greeneville can beat any team. And I mean any team. 

technically that's true so far, seeing as they havent lost since they were beaten on a last second hail mary two seasons ago, which by the way was their only loss of the year......cade has lost exactly 3 ball games in his HS career, how many has martin lost? im asking because i dont know the answer, not because im a smartdonkey ( the first part of this post WAS however because im a smartdonkey)

Edited by BVDevil

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

He did win a state title! Has also won 27 of last 28 games he’s something like 38-5 record since starting as a freshman. Ballard is the favorite for it all! 

he's only lost 3 games, mo. west, catholic ( both in 2015) central in 2016 and hasnt lost since.

15 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

all it  proves is that that was one heck of a sweet looking ball that connected perfectly in stride with a future college great.....no matter what quarter it happened....i think sometimes people just look for anything to  pick at when a team is kicking someones donkey

I think it’s usually the fans or other antics that cause that, not on the field success. From what I’ve personally witnessed the staff and players win with humility, perhaps the fans should as well. 

39 minutes ago, Domin18 said:

How many games will DB win this year. Reading all this they sound like they are way down this year.

I hope I am wrong but I believe a fired up DB will be tough for Oak Ridge this Friday. I will pick the Wildcats to win because Oak Ridge has a ton of speedy athletic players and young but hard working linemen. It should be a great game.

3 minutes ago, eers said:

I think it’s usually the fans or other antics that cause that, not on the field success. From what I’ve personally witnessed the staff and players win with humility, perhaps the fans should as well. 

maybe so, but that's why we're called fans...which is short for fanatics.....for the most part i display all the good qualities a fan should on here, but from time to time i read things that get under my skin or quite frankly, urinate me off, at which point I am very likely to show my donkey, rather than my age...LOL