JD Overton Out at Halls

AllRegion

On 4/20/2018 at 11:07 AM, HTV said:

Nope.  No secrets.  

And as I have said before, I don't name names because I don't want to see a candidate get in hot water with his current bosses if he doesn't get a job he is interested in.  

You always say this, but where is the danger in saying you heard a specific name? It is not illegal to apply for a new job. People do it all the time. If worst came to worst and a petty employer got angry that a coach applied somewhere else, then the coach in question could simply deny it; problem solved. 

At any rate, I think most people would agree with me that there is no value in getting on coacht every time a coaching search goes on to claim you have good information on who the guy is unless you can give a name. Otherwise, you are like Trump and his super top secret plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days.

Edited by TheGuvna

8 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

You always say this, but where is the danger in saying you heard a specific name? It is not illegal to apply for a new job. People do it all the time. If worst came to worst and a petty employer got angry that a coach applied somewhere else, then the coach in question could simply deny it; problem solved. 

At any rate, I think most people would agree with me that there is no value in getting on coacht every time a coaching search goes on to claim you have good information on who the guy is unless you can give a name. Otherwise, you are like Trump and his super top secret plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days.

Like I have said before, sometimes things happen at the last minute.  I'm not going to out a coach just in case something happens that kills a deal.  

All I will say is that if what I am being told comes to fruition Halls is going to get a guy who has solid experience as a head coach, and has been an assistant the last couple of years under a very good coach.

And he is from out of the Knoxville area.  

If you don't want to respect that, then so be it.  But I am not going to compromise my sources or out somebody that shouldn't be outed.  

I agree with HTV, I’m not in the business of starting a bunch of drama on a message board. I also find it funny that people call out HTV and others saying that they don’t truly have “sources”. I’d say HTV is usually spot on with his info and is well trusted in the community as somebody who knows his stuff. My info consists of my contacts, which I have many of in High school football in the Knoxville area. Getting back to Halls coaching search, this guy they are getting could be a great hire for them, although I’m a Bobcat and it’s my goal to beat Halls every year.

6 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I also find it funny that people call out HTV and others saying that they don’t truly have “sources”. I’d say HTV is usually spot on with his info and is well trusted in the community as somebody who knows his stuff. 

How can you have credibility as someone who has "sources" when you dont give any information beforehand? You can say you know who the next coach is going to be all you want, but it is all just a bunch of chest pumping and posturing unless you can give a name before the news breaks and it turns out right.

I pick on HTV specifically here because in the 6 years I have been on coacht he has always claimed to know everything. He always knows the inner workings of every coaching search and behind the scenes scandal within a 100 mile radius. He will get on coacht and tell you this, but he wont give you any information.... Ever... Just tells you he knows it all.  Oh, and the reasoning is always he doesnt want to hurt some guy's job prospects or something along those lines. So, he gets to play the role of the guy who is in the know without proving anything and virtue signal at the same time. No ego and posturing there at all.

55 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

How can you have credibility as someone who has "sources" when you dont give any information beforehand? You can say you know who the next coach is going to be all you want, but it is all just a bunch of chest pumping and posturing unless you can give a name before the news breaks and it turns out right.

I pick on HTV specifically here because in the 6 years I have been on coacht he has always claimed to know everything. He always knows the inner workings of every coaching search and behind the scenes scandal within a 100 mile radius. He will get on coacht and tell you this, but he wont give you any information.... Ever... Just tells you he knows it all.  Oh, and the reasoning is always he doesnt want to hurt some guy's job prospects or something along those lines. So, he gets to play the role of the guy who is in the know without proving anything and virtue signal at the same time. No ego and posturing there at all.

Did you just call Htv out???Uh-oh.

37 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Gov he does have a lot of great sources but also has enough sense not to spill names and put someone in a very bad spot that could hurt that person for trying to better their situation in life. Anyone can be lead wrong with false information and get out and broadcast it causing that person lots of grief. That is why a lot of his sources can trust him with things they tell him. He has a great voice in the broadcasting booth and had to step down after this year because of problems with his vision but I'm really glad he was a part of the Maryville system and left the booth the last time as a state champion. Couldn't end a career on a better note than that.

1 hour ago, TheGuvna said:

Guv, I get what you are saying, but I have to vouch for HTV in this case. He is a great guy, and yes, he does seem to know more than most in these situations. If there are folks behind the scenes that are willing to give him the inside info, the least he can do is keep it quiet. I would imagine that he wouldn't have access to that info for long if he shared it on a public forum before the news went public. Is there some ego in play? Maybe, but I can't begin to know a person's motivation for putting those nuggets on a forum like this. I guess I don't get what the big deal is.

If you want to know more, why don't you just try reaching out to HTV? He's not going to share specifics on a forum, but maybe he would off the record. You might be pleasantly surprised :D