Sumner and Wilson County FBall

17 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Gallatin wins 26-18. I'm pleasantly suprised

When I’m wrong I’m wrong. Good job Gallatin. Apparently I was also wrong with a couple other things. I picked WC to win and didn’t think the MJ/Lebanon game would be close (6 turnovers by MJ?). 

Really weird turn of events in the Gallatin game. Hillsboro blocks a punt, it is in the air beyond the LOS. Hillsboro player tries to catch it and muffs it, Green Wave recovers. They are able to get a couple of first downs and run out the clock. Great effort all night by both teams. I know the Gallatin kids needed this win. 

51 minutes ago, eers said:

When I’m wrong I’m wrong. Good job Gallatin. Apparently I was also wrong with a couple other things. I picked WC to win and didn’t think the MJ/Lebanon game would be close (6 turnovers by MJ?). 

I told ya.  Gallatin is getting better each game. Gallatin went toe to toe with a big athletic squad and out played them.  Gallatin could easily be 3-0 had a few things gone their way.  Coach said on the radio, Gallatin’s biggest problem has been Gallatin.  

5 hours ago, eers said:

MJ

Beech

Hillsboro

WC

HHS

I think there only one close game, WC/Rossview. 

Some thoughts and questions after this week:

MJ - overcomes 6 turnovers to beat a Lebanon team that doesn’t appear to have much offense. 

Lebanon - definitely don’t think they’re at the bottom of this list anymore

Beech - did what they were supposed to do, after a slow start. Will continue to get better as the season goes on, as every Crabtree coached team appears to. Next week is a big game and they’re in the drivers seat in region play  

Gallatin - seem to be inconsistent. Apparently they have the talent to compete, can they turn the ship? Tough game next week, not to mention their three toughest opponents still remain on the schedule  

Hillsboro - Also appear to be inconsistent  I still believe they have the athletes to win most of their remaining games.

WC - Don’t know anything about the game tonight.  I still believe this could be a decent team, but they seem to find a way to lose. 

HHS - Look to be a pretty solid team. Big game next week and should tell a lot about where this team is right now  

SC - from what I’ve seen they have very little offense and the inconsistent play will make for a long year if they don’t get it fixed.  Have some close games and a couple blowouts remaining  . I believe they will only be favored in one of their remaining games, though I believe they’ll win a couple more.

21 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I told ya.  Gallatin is getting better each game. Gallatin went toe to toe with a big athletic squad and out played them.  Gallatin could easily be 3-0 had a few things gone their way.  Coach said on the radio, Gallatin’s biggest problem has been Gallatin.  

Going into the season I would have thought they would be at 2-1 right now, but I had them winning the ones they lost and losing the one they won, so... I’m at a complete loss with this team. 

13 minutes ago, eers said:

Going into the season I would have thought they would be at 2-1 right now, but I had them winning the ones they lost and losing the one they won, so... I’m at a complete loss with this team. 

Tonight proved to me they are better than their record.  Defense gives up some points but you have to earn it.  Offensively, the sputter at times then will drive down the field.  They have some talent and a lot of just tough nosed kids.  They seem to improve every week and that is all you can ask.  

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

Tonight proved to me they are better than their record.  Defense gives up some points but you have to earn it.  Offensively, the sputter at times then will drive down the field.  They have some talent and a lot of just tough nosed kids.  They seem to improve every week and that is all you can ask.  

I was surprised by the loss to Springfield, then I watched the SC game on film and Gallatin looked to be the more talented team. Also appears Hillsboro may be a little down as some others had said previously. 

I believe they may win a couple more games than I thought a week ago, but I still believe they will have a tough time with MJ, Hendersonville and Beech. I haven’t watched MJ yet, but having seen Hendersonville and Beech play I believe both are better than Gallatin at this point. The problem I see right now is I really believe Gallatin has lost to two teams they are better than. Which leads me to ask, can they win the ones they’re supposed to and maybe sneak one in they aren’t supposed to?