GREENBACK CHEROKEES 2018

cherokean

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Not as loaded as we were!The beast from the East has moved to Virginia to play for a bigger school.Gilbert will not be playing for GB this year (better to hear it here than some where else).The 6'2 230 pound RB that has transferred from Seymour will get to show his worth!

A couple of things. I’m sure Gilbert will be at Greenback. So you’ve got a beast transfer huh? 6”2 230.. that’s bigger than our RB. Seymour is a long way away. What’s the story? Just ring chasing?

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

A couple of things. I’m sure Gilbert will be at Greenback. So you’ve got a beast transfer huh? 6”2 230.. that’s bigger than our RB. Seymour is a long way away. What’s the story? Just ring chasing?

He is a Jr,family moved for job.

10 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback is just absolutely loaded. They seriously remind me of the 1998 Trousdale team that had won it all the year before and only had 3-4 seniors on the team. I can’t think of the last time someone in 1A had won the gold the year before and was the clear cut favorite to repeat by this margin you boys have this season. We’ve had some good returning teams in the past, but never remember anything quite like this Greenback team in terms of a star studded lineup. 

Union City 2014. 

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Very!

I have to agree,QB is small but plays like he is 6'3!Speedy athletic kids with a few over 6 feet and did i say speedy?LOL.We may not look like much to the Wildcats they are used to lets just say  "more".It is 7 on 7 tho and that evens the field a little.I just hope we can keep it close to one of Tenn's all time GREAT football schools.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I have to agree,QB is small but plays like he is 6'3!Speedy athletic kids with a few over 6 feet and did i say speedy?LOL.We may not look like much to the Wildcats they are used to lets just say  "more".It is 7 on 7 tho and that evens the field a little.I just hope we can keep it close to one of Tenn's all time GREAT football schools.

You will big guy. This 2018 Greenback team is special. Your team last year was very good, but when you have a a large, talented, senior class like this one in 1A football... those teams are usually special. They have been for us in the past. 

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Much respect to Greenback and their tradition. Hopefully, being defending State Champs will get Oak Ridge's attention. The Wildcats will be using unproven QBs. The senior QB is probably better suited for running than passing. The sophomore, is extremely talented and has good leadership qualities. Our skill players are a great bunch and should do well Saturday.

It really doesn't matter who wins but that both teams begin to solidify their passing game for the upcoming season. If any of you all go, please, give a report on the game. Thanks all.