GREENBACK CHEROKEES 2018

cherokean

Guest Fall101
Just now, orngnblk said:

Do you use a wooden spoon or a metal spoon Spike?

I wish I could use the silver spoon that y'all have over there at GB! Go ahead and tell everybody how good y'all are really  gonna be. 

38 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

And in all honesty how much more exposure do you need been to the championship game three years in a row won the championship last year play one of the toughest schedules around our neighbors to Alcoa and Maryville so how much more exposure do we need. Also if you're referring to Greenback being an open enrollment you're wrong other than County students we don't accept anyone outside of Loudon County.

Alcoa and Maryville are not in Loudon County so don’t try to act like you don’t take players from out of County.

18 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

Alcoa and Maryville are not in Loudon County so don’t try to act like you don’t take players from out of County.

We will take them from anywhere! Guaranteed as long as they can relocate to Loudon County they can play. If anyone has a playing age son I hear that the Corner market and the Drug Store might have a couple of openings for parents seeking employment.

13 hours ago, ladykee said:

Absolutely not taking anything away from Breeden Gilbert....he deserves the credit, but you all just don’t know these Greenback kids! Yes it changes things but there are still more than capable backs & you guys will get introduced to hard nosed DE Cody Alexander on the other side of the ball! Don’t forget Edwards either! He’ll have some noise to make if we meet up with SP. Hanley can throw the ball around and he has multiple weapons to sling it too. GB boys step up so just get ready they’re coming for another Gold Ball!

Simmer down mama. There isn’t one SP fan that thinks Greenback shouldn’t repeat. You should be 3 touchdowns better than anyone else in the east and about 6 touchdowns better than 99% of the east. What you’ve got coming back doesn’t come around often. Greenback is the east favorite with every starter but one returning? Is that correct? SP only returns about 6 on each side I believe. Things go in cycles and it’s currently Greenback’s time to dominate. 

Guest Fall101
6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Simmer down mama. There isn’t one SP fan that thinks Greenback shouldn’t repeat. You should be 3 touchdowns better than anyone else in the east and about 6 touchdowns better than 99% of the east. What you’ve got coming back doesn’t come around often. Greenback is the east favorite with every starter but one returning? Is that correct? SP only returns about 6 on each side I believe. Things go in cycles and it’s currently Greenback’s time to dominate. 

Plus the transfers they got comin in. The east will be unfair and borin to watch :bored:

3 hours ago, hammerhound said:

No disrespect but if they are that good why not go to Maryville or Alcoa. Bigger schools with more success more exposure for the next level. Have to love the open enrollment “public “ schools.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Gilbert will play second fiddle to no other back in the state that came to Greenback I promise you that he would start for anybody right now.

I agree with OnB! I hate for anyone to have to move before the season like that. I saw Gilbert vs. Alcoa at last years Jamboree. He looked good running on Maryville's turf. If he was at Maryville he would get plenty of playing time. As for exposure, I don't buy into all that getting noticed at "bigger schools" mumbo jumbo. He got to play both ways at Greenback, he wouldn't get to do that at Maryville. I wish him well, I'm a fan! 

1 hour ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

We will take them from anywhere! Guaranteed as long as they can relocate to Loudon County they can play. If anyone has a playing age son I hear that the Corner market and the Drug Store might have a couple of openings for parents seeking employment.

Second this!

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

As of now Bass we have lost three or four from last years team.Two Srs that graduated,and Gilbert.The two we lost to Graduation can and have been replaced (no offense)but rather easily.Gilbert will hurt not having his presence and depth on O and D.Do i think we will be ok of course its a long season and the ones we need to step up have alot of games before the playoffs.Im curious to see the kid from SHS play has great size but GB plays different football than SHS all our kids go both ways,so he will have to adjust.

Some of you all dont remember but SP did a great job of holding Breeden in check but our team athleticism across the board pulled us thru not to mention outstanding special teams play.We will throw it very well this year and with our big line a year older should run the ball at will for most of the year.SP will be ready if we make it that far,i have heard he is changing it up a little to be better prepared for us if we can make it to the speedway.There is no guarantee we make it back to Cookeville!

Guest Fall101

O&B I can't believe you would lead these guys on to believe that you won't be back to back state champs. With all these transfers y'all got comin the east is unfair and the west! 

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

As of now Bass we have lost three or four from last years team.Two Srs that graduated,and Gilbert.The two we lost to Graduation can and have been replaced (no offense)but rather easily.Gilbert will hurt not having his presence and depth on O and D.Do i think we will be ok of course its a long season and the ones we need to step up have alot of games before the playoffs.Im curious to see the kid from SHS play has great size but GB plays different football than SHS all our kids go both ways,so he will have to adjust.

Some of you all dont remember but SP did a great job of holding Breeden in check but our team athleticism across the board pulled us thru not to mention outstanding special teams play.We will throw it very well this year and with our big line a year older should run the ball at will for most of the year.SP will be ready if we make it that far,i have heard he is changing it up a little to be better prepared for us if we can make it to the speedway.There is no guarantee we make it back to Cookeville!

You’re right big guy. No guarantees, but I’d bet on Greenback. Greenback basically didn’t lose anything from last season. Gilbert is good, but the number of athletes you have on this team is very uncommon for 1A football teams. No one in 1A can match your athletes.