GREENBACK CHEROKEES 2018

cherokean

5 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No comments from Gilbert in the article. 

Maryville had a transfer from West Virginia a few years back. He wore his old high school football t-shirt to workouts and immediately gained the nickname "Nitro" because his old school was Nitro High School. I remember hearing the coaches yelling, "Nitro" when it was his time to go in the game. 

West Virginia gives, and West Virginia takes away...

49180cb416fb97b5e27d260a0bfb13cc_400x400

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Maryville had a transfer from West Virginia a few years back. He wore his old high school football t-shirt to workouts and immediately gained the nickname "Nitro" because his old school was Nitro High School. I remember hearing the coaches yelling, "Nitro" when it was his time to go in the game. 

West Virginia gives, and West Virginia takes away...

49180cb416fb97b5e27d260a0bfb13cc_400x400

Good story... I wonder what school Gilbert will attend?

14 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Big loss have a good buddy who just moved too greenback from Seymour his son Trace

a  Junior. started both ways at seymour. Running back/ Linebacker is there.. Your loaded.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:14 PM, Red Rebels said:

I think the Maryville/Alcoa Daily Times reads the T! Here is a followup article:

https://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/former-greenback-running-back-breeden-gilbert-reflects-on-west-virginia/article_66f279f2-4747-562c-ac94-4d0f48dc8be6.html

Edited by Red Rebels

This is my two cents on losing your best player. It's common knowledge kids know everything when they turn 18 years old especially the ones that are to big to follow the rules at home and want to go where the leash is the longest. From all my experience and wisdom over the years from watching so many great teams from Maryville that it was much better to have a big question mark going into the season as to be expected to win it all the next year no questions asked. That crap goes to kids heads and the best thing that may have happened did.  I personally hate seeing an 18 year old on the field of play as a senior especially if their much better than the rest. I've already heard, well there goes that game from some Greenback fans. The team will pick up the pieces and will be much better for it.

On 7/27/2018 at 3:48 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

This is my two cents on losing your best player. It's common knowledge kids know everything when they turn 18 years old especially the ones that are to big to follow the rules at home and want to go where the leash is the longest. From all my experience and wisdom over the years from watching so many great teams from Maryville that it was much better to have a big question mark going into the season as to be expected to win it all the next year no questions asked. That crap goes to kids heads and the best thing that may have happened did.  I personally hate seeing an 18 year old on the field of play as a senior especially if their much better than the rest. I've already heard, well there goes that game from some Greenback fans. The team will pick up the pieces and will be much better for it.

I like your way of thinking Barney! Coming from a mom whose Junior just turned 16 last month and finally started driving himself! Never met a true Cherokee at heart that didn’t love a good challenge!