Heritage Mountaineers 2018

3 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Wrong. Shad is not a good coach. He has been exposed as a mediocre at best coach. What coach worth his salt cancels a whole week of practice the week of a winnable game when his team is winless? Shad *cough* Shad. His teams have gotten worse every year, and they are undisciplined and sloppy on the field.  I completely disagree with you... The right coach could make the difference at WB. Just look at what Meadows did when he was there. 

Good post

10 hours ago, AllRegion said:

I wouldn’t get caught up in this sky is falling nonsense. There’s no way Heritage won’t have a team at ANY point this year, next year, or in the future. Numbers might be low and they might not be good, but they’ll have a team. 

Your 100% right, the sky isn't falling but it sure is coming a bad storm in the county football programs right now. All the post I have read so far have had some great points. I was told by inside sources last spring Heritage had a good turnout but a third of the team had no fundamental skills what's so ever so I'm not surprised with the massive defection. What has surprised me are the number of starters that have left since the Oak Ridge scrimmage. The coach at Heritage has the hardest situation of all four schools in the county. Being a Maryville fan first I can tell anyone he was the man that built one of the best teams there in school history in 1998. When he took the job at Heritage he had to ravage through the mess others had left behind which wasn't no easy task. I started to see great strides in the feeder system when he took over I don't see so much of lately but to be honest I can't say much because every team is having this problem. In today's times if you dip below the thirty mark in 6A it could be like driving the Titanic through the ice field again. I feel a lot better about seeing at least 38 to 40 kids then what was reported. I know it has to be a nightmare at Heritage watching some of your players defect to Alcoa and Maryville but that is mainly due to parents that think this will open the doors for little Johnny which is pretty stupid. If your a good player the scouts will find you. The one thing is Hammontree has coached long enough to know tallent so any parent that thinks otherwise is crazy. I just hope no more kids decide to leave this year and let this play out. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

I agree, Barney. I don't have much respect for kids who quit, and I hope the exodus of players from the Heritage roster stops now. We had that problem my Senior year but our numbers never got as low as Heritage's are now. If I was at that school and not on the football team trying to help turn things around, I would feel bad. I don't understand these kids who would rather play on their phones and PlayStations than do something meaningful.

Hate hearing that more people possibly quit right before the season if that is true that is kind of lousy to wait til the week of the 1st game to quit but it is what it is honestly I didn't go to the jamboree and both the scrimmages was far off so I haven't seen this team play at all so tomorrow will be the 1st time I've seen what they have this season hopefully we can shock everyone like we did last year against SD

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Your 100% right, the sky isn't falling but it sure is coming a bad storm in the county football programs right now. All the post I have read so far have had some great points. I was told by inside sources last spring Heritage had a good turnout but a third of the team had no fundamental skills what's so ever so I'm not surprised with the massive defection. What has surprised me are the number of starters that have left since the Oak Ridge scrimmage. The coach at Heritage has the hardest situation of all four schools in the county. Being a Maryville fan first I can tell anyone he was the man that built one of the best teams there in school history in 1998. When he took the job at Heritage he had to ravage through the mess others had left behind which wasn't no easy task. I started to see great strides in the feeder system when he took over I don't see so much of lately but to be honest I can't say much because every team is having this problem. In today's times if you dip below the thirty mark in 6A it could be like driving the Titanic through the ice field again. I feel a lot better about seeing at least 38 to 40 kids then what was reported. I know it has to be a nightmare at Heritage watching some of your players defect to Alcoa and Maryville but that is mainly due to parents that think this will open the doors for little Johnny which is pretty stupid. If your a good player the scouts will find you. The one thing is Hammontree has coached long enough to know tallent so any parent that thinks otherwise is crazy. I just hope no more kids decide to leave this year and let this play out. 

Also great post agree with this 100 percent just get through this year without anymore quitting and hopefully have a good season it seems like alot of people keep saying its the seniors that are quitting which hurts but that also means a bunch of the young kids will get to play now that might mean that this season could be rough but playing the sophomores juniors could pay off in the next couple seasons

Edited by HHSMountaineers

16 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe the kid is a good player and the parents just want their kid to be coached up instead of put down. Ive talked to at least 3 of said parents and their motives werent for johhny to be discovered. 

33 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Maybe the kid is a good player and the parents just want their kid to be coached up instead of put down. Ive talked to at least 3 of said parents and their motives werent for johhny to be discovered. 

Your probably right on the ones we have now. I'm sure those parents seen this mess coming being involved in it at one time.  I could name you a bunch that came to Maryville over the years for that reason and got a surprise when they never saw the field and would have been better off staying put. The last big name to leave there a few years ago is the reason Heritage and Alcoa don't play anymore.

5 hours ago, HSfootballfanatic12 said:

Are you insinuating that Hammontree talks down to his players? 

Kids and parents are ALL way too soft!Used to our parents stayed out of the team Business and let the coaches coach.My dad said he is yours until he walks off the field and he meant it.Satterfield was rough on us and and he talked down to us also but who cared we were football players aint no whinning in football.Geez.Somebodies afraid their feelings will get hurt then they let them walk off and quit.SMH.Some may not like this but i just dont understand all the complaining!Hammontree is a old school coach and i like him (Greenback boy also):flower: