REGION 5 | 2A

LC had a strong defensive effort and had a great plan. CA did drive a couple of times but it was the mentality that the LC defense has shown all season when back up. When the field got smaller the defense came up big. CA's offense didn't find the endzone until LATE in the 4th quarter. The first score CA had was on a pick six, a very athletic play and tip drill that went to the house. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

DD don't be n ugly winner.  We gave you your props. Be gracious brother. I haven't always been, and it was ugly when I did it too  

You are correct and after the game you did do as I expected you would. I just have a hard time with this particular team and the arrogance that I knew was going to be there after this game. I assure you from this point on I'm done with this conversation.  

Region 5AA Standings

1) Lewis County (6-0)

2) Columbia Academy (4-1)

3) Eagleville (3-2)

4) Forrest (2-3)

5) Loretto (2-3)

6) Summertown (1-4)

7) Community (0-5)

Region 5AA Playoff Watch

Lewis County is the #1 seed.

Columbia Academy is the #2 seed.

Eagleville is the #3 seed.

Forrest is the #4 seed with a win against Community or a Loretto loss to Columbia Academy.

Loretto is the #4 seed with a win against Columbia Academy combined with a Forrest loss to Community.

Community and Summertown are out of the playoff picture.

Region 5AA Schedule for Week 10

#7 Columbia Academy (7-2, 4-1) vs. Loretto (4-5, 2-3)

Community (1-8, 0-5) @ Forrest (4-5, 2-3) 

Eagleville (6-3, 3-2) @ Summertown (4-5, 1-4)

#5 Lewis County (9-1, 6-0) is off

Lewis County (#5) and Columbia Academy (#7) in current AP Top 10 

#7 Columbia Academy (7-2, 4-1) dropped their first region game in a few years, falling to Lewis County at home. This week the Bulldogs look to get back on track as Loretto (5-4, 2-3) visits. The Bulldogs have locked in their playoff spot, but the Mustangs still hold on to the slimmest of playoff hopes. A Loretto win and a Forrest loss gets the Mustangs in the playoffs. Look for the Bulldogs to end this one early, and a score similar to last year’s 34-7 could be what the future holds.

Community (1-8, 0-5) dropped their 6th straight game of the season, and their 6th straight region game dating back to last season, and this week are on the road again as they travel to Forrest (4-5, 2-3) to close out the season. The Vikings have little more to play for than pride, but the Rockets are looking forward to the playoffs with a win here and/or a Loretto loss. The Rockets have never lost to Community (11-0) and will remain perfect against the Vikings after this week.

Eagleville (6-3, 3-2) took care of business against Loretto last week, giving the Mustangs little hope for postseason play, and locked in the #3 seed for the playoffs. This week, the Eagles close out the regular season on the road at Summertown (4-5, 1-4). Like Community, Summertown is only playing for pride in this one, and after the Eagleville offense got back on track last week, expect more big numbers from Cobb and company this week.

#5 Lewis County (9-1, 6-0) have their off week to enjoy their region championship, and to begin preparations for the 1st round game at home next week.

4 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest has only their pathetic 2nd half against Eaglevile, a game they statistically dominated, for a one point loss and a trip to Wavelry, as opposed to Riverside, who wouldve been a winnable mathcup 

Forrest has the talent to be a lot better than they were this year. With a better coach they could’ve been really good. I hate to see how CA has performed the past few weeks. We should be playing Waverly in the quarters again but it is what it is. 

The coaching per se i think the jury is still out.

But this particular coach apparent decided to install a new offense about 2 weeks before the season started, as well as handing off D calls to a rookie coach.

If I'm wrong i'm sure someone will freak out and tell me. 

It was just too much to throw at these kids too late into the summer.

The QB running to the sidelines for every freaking play makes me want to perform a self appendectomy. 

26 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Looks like it will be:

Lewis County vs Houston County

Waverly vs Forrest

Columbia Academy vs Hickman County

Decatur County Riverside vs Eagleville

Don't know if  r 4 seed is going to be Scott's hill or Houston they  play this weekend whoever wins is the 4th seed 

last week 3rd and long, the best receiver we have had in several years (#9) talent wise exits the field and watches from the sidelines as Forrest runs an up the gut for no gain

i would say he is the best receiver in terms of stats too- but unfortunately he has been under developed, under used, and sometimes flat out ignored. thats coaching malpractice.

the crab walking up and down the sidelines when you get a penalty is unappealing as well. make em do it next monday coach. we dont want to see you waterboarding kids during a family event.  

6 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

last week 3rd and long, the best receiver we have had in several years (#9) talent wise exits the field and watches from the sidelines as Forrest runs an up the gut for no gain

i would say he is the best receiver in terms of stats too- but unfortunately he has been under developed, under used, and sometimes flat out ignored. thats coaching malpractice.

the crab walking up and down the sidelines when you get a penalty is unappealing as well. make em do it next monday coach. we dont want to see you waterboarding kids during a family event.  

I completely agree with what you’re saying. We have the athletes to have a great passing game but the coach doesn’t call the right plays at the right time. In 2014 and 2015 we had one of the best passing games I’ve ever seen. Since then it’s been down hill