REGION 3 - 5 A

HGTV, I should have used the word "reloading". lol Their backups get a lot of playing time, which keeps refueling the fire. I'm just ready for the Friday nights/Saturday afternoons to get going. I'd rather watch a high school/college game any day over a Sunday NFL game. Better rivalries! Hey, are you going over to Maryville Tuesday  for the scrimmage?

10 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

I work with several Alcoa parents, they felt West was a much tougher scrimmage than Catholic, their linebackers were tough to deal with. Alcoa ran through Catholic, as Catholic's coach said in post-scrimmage interviews. 

Maryville's offense was supposed to be rebuilding after having  several seniors move on, but put up big numbers on Friday against OR. Fulton looked very good against a senior loaded, defending state champion Greeneville (Yah, I know 4A vs 5A, Greeneville would beat 90% of the 5A teams right now)

1. Fulton   2.West   3.OR   4. Powell (Matt Lowe will get them in the playoffs)

Fulton in semi-finals against Central/SD......at Fulton

Don't mean to step on toes, just my opinion!

I’m confused, I was under the impression that Catholic and Alcoa was not a scrimmage. I work with an Alcoa coach and he said it basically a practice working on some situational things. I wasn’t there so was it a game scrimmage? 

22 hours ago, TheDarkSide said:

In the Alcoa scrimmage. Catholics starting skilled players only played 11 snaps. #1 and #2 Wr only touched the ball once each. So not much to gage off that. Matthews isn't trying to win a scrimmage. He's trying to see if he has backups that can play. Not saying we might not struggle this yr at times. We only have 3 starters from last yrs offense returning this yr and their all Lineman. But 3 really good lineman. I know what Matthew's said about the scrimmage. But the starting OL had their way with Alcoas DL and LB. Mccallies DL and LB core is full of power 5 offer kids. Catholic scrimmage then yesterday and the OL shut them down. No sacks, No TFL. Cant wait for the season to start. Good luck to all the teams this yr.

Are you sure you were at the right scrimmage?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheDarkSide said:

In the Alcoa scrimmage. Catholics starting skilled players only played 11 snaps. #1 and #2 Wr only touched the ball once each. So not much to gage off that. Matthews isn't trying to win a scrimmage. He's trying to see if he has backups that can play. Not saying we might not struggle this yr at times. We only have 3 starters from last yrs offense returning this yr and their all Lineman. But 3 really good lineman. I know what Matthew's said about the scrimmage. But the starting OL had their way with Alcoas DL and LB. Mccallies DL and LB core is full of power 5 offer kids. Catholic scrimmage then yesterday and the OL shut them down. No sacks, No TFL. Cant wait for the season to start. Good luck to all the teams this yr.

If Catholics line had their way with Alcoa D line and LBs, then they would have scored more TDs. #78 is legit. Much respect for that young mans ability. But i have the tape of the 1 on 1 linemen drills as well as the 11 v 11. Film doesnt lie. Catholic coach even said they were dominated in all phases of the game.  I guess after the catholic /maryville game, we'll all know alot. Good luck this season.

• Upvote 1