Catholic @ Alcoa scrimmage

92Dragon

40 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

If you say so.... lol! 5A playing in 6A blew it for ya! Always nice to have a goal tho! :thumb:

Our record against Alcoa is 63-23-3, how does that add up? I'll go out on a limb and add +2 to that win total for the Red Rebels over the next 2 years. That's almost a 3 to 1 ratio.

Now I know since you're from Rockford that ratios and big numbers might cause your brain to rattle a bit, but I'll also point out that when Farragut competed in 5A two seasons ago their student enrollment was higher than Maryville's. Hopefully that makes some sense, but unfortunately your Rankin 'Rithematic would have you believing you could get a $1 out of 15 cents.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

Our record against Alcoa is 63-23-3, how does that add up? I'll go out on a limb and add +2 to that win total for the Red Rebels over the next 2 years. That's almost a 3 to 1 ratio.

Now I know since you're from Rockford that ratios and big numbers might cause your brain to rattle a bit, but I'll also point out that when Farragut competed in 5A two seasons ago their student enrollment was higher than Maryville's. Hopefully that makes some sense, but unfortunately your Rankin 'Rithematic would have you believing you could get a $1 out of 15 cents.

Two season ago? Lol! Get out of the past Sammy boy! There you go making up numbers again. Lol! We can check your numbers again in 3 years.  I’m bettin you won’t be anywhere to be found when it’s all said and done...

Edited by Throwdeslant

2 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Two season ago? Lol! Get out of the past Sammy boy! There you go making up numbers again. Lol! We can check your numbers again in 3 years.  I’m bettin you won’t be anywhere to be found when it’s all said and done...

We're not going back to the stone ages when you went to school, but it validates my point that the whole time that Maryville has been in 6A when they could have been in 5A. Heck, even Fulton decided to move up! But oooohhh no, good ole Gary wants his records so his Rankin 'Rithematic equals 3A all the way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

We're not going back to the stone ages when you went to school, but it validates my point that the whole time that Maryville has been in 6A when they could have been in 5A. Heck, even Fulton decided to move up! But oooohhh no, good ole Gary wants his records so his Rankin 'Rithematic equals 3A all the way.

Lol! Alcoa is in your head so bad. I love it! Next you will be writing a book to make yourself feel better. Times they are a changin! Lol

7 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

You should come over to the Bradley scrimmage tomorrow at 5:00. I’d be more than happy to introduce myself. We can discuss where I live and compare what we have....

11 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Lol! Alcoa is in your head so bad. I love it! Next you will be writing a book to make yourself feel better. Times they are a changin! Lol

In my head like the annoying little brother I never had??? Then yes, but don't get your hopes up. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

7 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Fulton moved to 5A last year, after Alcoa announced they where moving to 4A to have closer teams in district. After the AD announcement this on WBIR...all the 4A teams in that district moved up to 5A  except Union Co. to avoid Alcoa. FULTON was the first to bolt.ha! 

Maryville 1684 students.

Alcoa 641 students.

Yup. I know who is turning 15 cents into a dollar!8-)

• Upvote 1

We like tangents in Blount County. 

Everett high school and Everett Hill are named for former Maryville Mayor Sam Everett. 

Everett was elected mayor in 1913 and served three successive terms until 1919.

“The mayor, while traveling on a train from Chilhowee to Maryville, overheard that the Aluminum Company of America was seeking options on land in Monroe and Loudon counties. With help from two Maryville business leaders, he began obtaining options from local and nonresident owners of unincorporated North Maryville in hope of attracting ALCOA here.

“Several residents in the small college town did not want an intrusive large industry and threatened the mayor with tarring and feathering,” McNeill said.

Everett had returned home, saw the crowd at his house and thought they were there to congratulate him on his recruitment success, not tar and feather him,” Taylor said.

ALCOA Inc. purchased the land, built a smelting plant and 150 company houses in 1914 and laid plans for additional construction.

If it wasn't for Sam Everett, we might be talking about Madisonville and Alcoa in Monroe or Loudon County. 

536c30fc84554.image.jpg

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/painting-of-former-maryville-mayor-sam-everett-unveiled/article_2b6e119a-1fec-5a8d-badf-ca7add79b3b1.html

Edited by Red Rebels

27 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

We like tangents in Blount County. 

Everett high school and Everett Hill are named for former Maryville Mayor Sam Everett. 

Everett was elected mayor in 1913 and served three successive terms until 1919.

“The mayor, while traveling on a train from Chilhowee to Maryville, overheard that the Aluminum Company of America was seeking options on land in Monroe and Loudon counties. With help from two Maryville business leaders, he began obtaining options from local and nonresident owners of unincorporated North Maryville in hope of attracting ALCOA here.

“Several residents in the small college town did not want an intrusive large industry and threatened the mayor with tarring and feathering,” McNeill said.

Everett had returned home, saw the crowd at his house and thought they were there to congratulate him on his recruitment success, not tar and feather him,” Taylor said.

ALCOA Inc. purchased the land, built a smelting plant and 150 company houses in 1914 and laid plans for additional construction.

If it wasn't for Sam Everett, we might be talking about Madisonville and Alcoa in Monroe or Loudon County. 

536c30fc84554.image.jpg

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/painting-of-former-maryville-mayor-sam-everett-unveiled/article_2b6e119a-1fec-5a8d-badf-ca7add79b3b1.html

I knew some of that,but did not know Mr. Everett's involvement.  Good stuff!