2018 Marion County Warriors

PurplePower68

1 minute ago, Indian said:

https://www.thedailytimes.com/news/city-school-enrollments-up-county-down/article_bf0a63be-a1f3-5d95-93f3-f5af20dac75a.html

2016 counts. 

interesting stuff. Director wants to hold Alcoa at 700 max and says would cut back on tuition students if needed. Doubtful any 4.6 40s or 400 pound squats will be turned away. 

That total will keep them at the 3A level.  I think 4A is around the 820 mark as of now.

12 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

How did the scrimmage go with Dade?  PP,  you got an in depth report of tonight's scrimmage like you had on  our scrimmage with the Wolverines?

Buses got there late so middle school played 2 qtrs. Our kids won 18-12. We were supposed to do 2 qtrs jv and varsity. Instead since it was late we just did 2 qtrs. We mingled in jv with starters to start the game. Dade #12 broke one off tackle on second play and he may still be running. 7-0

We move the ball pretty wellmixing in some pass. Nelson looks good running and catching out of the backfield. Sampson played very well. Made throws I didn't think he could make. One 70 yd TD to our 6'6 wr and he broke 2 tackles for score. We were able to spread the ball around to 7 or 8 different receivers. Never ran the FB as far as I can remember. Still got some work to do on def. Gave up some big plays but we got a couple new kids trying to learn the position. Injury bug has dealt us a terrible blow to start the season. 

It was 20-7 with 11 to go in 2nd qtr and we went mainly jv. If it was a regular game the 2nd half would have had a running clock.

Edited by PurplePower68

10 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Buses got there late so middle school played 2 qtrs. Our kids won 18-12. We were supposed to do 2 qtrs jv and varsity. Instead since it was late we just did 2 qtrs. We mingled in jv with starters to start the game. Dade #12 broke one off tackle on second play and he may still be running. 7-0

We move the ball pretty wellmixing in some pass. Nelson looks good running and catching out of the backfield. Sampson played very well. Made throws I didn't think he could make. One 70 yd TD to our 6'6 wr and he broke 2 tackles for score. We were able to spread the ball around to 7 or 8 different receivers. Never ran the FB as far as I can remember. Still got some work to do on def. Gave up some big plays but we got a couple new kids trying to learn the position. Injury bug has dealt us a terrible blow to start the season. 

It was 20-7 with 11 to go in 2nd qtr and we went mainly jv. If it was a regular game the 2nd half would have had a running clock.

Did that 6'6 boy play last year or is he a transfer. I sure didn't see anybody even close to that tall last year for yall.  Just how big a boy is he?

10 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Did that 6'6 boy play last year or is he a transfer. I sure didn't see anybody even close to that tall last year for yall.  Just how big a boy is he?

1 hour ago, sportman said:

He played as freshman and sophomore. His dad is baseball coach. I was told today that they did do a jv portion after I left. Had a freshman rb score 2 80 yd TDs and freshman qb had one for 50. Lot of speed in the young ones.

3 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

He played as freshman and sophomore. His dad is baseball coach. I was told today that they did do a jv portion after I left. Had a freshman rb score 2 80 yd TDs and freshman qb had one for 50. Lot of speed in the young ones.

Don't believe he played as a sophomore but he did play as a freshman 

It's a new year, a new offense, a new DC, and a new beginning. It will be a great year to be a warrior. We are going to be a good team again this year. I know our defense is going to be very good. My main man Manny is manning the middle of our defense again. We also have got a real good receiver for this season. Our passing has been real good in our scrimmage games so far. Some people are doubting our team but I will not doubt us. We are going to win a whole lot of games this year. We will easily take care of Hixson and then start to handle our business each week. I went to the Sequatchie and Tyner scrimmage. Sequatchie has a big RB that is a good player and some more good players but we get to play them at home. We are going to beat Tyner this year as well. It is going to be our revenge tour this year. The Pitchburg game might be a little hard game for us but I think our new offense that Coach Mathis has been saving will give us a good chance to beat them too. We will also beat Coalfield this season. They lost their QB and he is the one that gave us a lot of trouble last year.  Rhea County will be our hardest game to win because they are a big school but it will get us ready for a long playoff run. We have weapons everywhere and it will show this Friday night. Coach Mathis will not run all of our good plays but it will be enough for everyone to see just how good this team will be this season. It's a great day to be a warrior!

FEAR THE SPREAD, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!