Bradley vs Alcoa Scrimmage

32hammer

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I went to that yesterday because I wanted to see Alcoa plus how Bradley looked losing that many starters from last year. Bradley will be lucky to win 3 or 4 ballgames this year their that bad.  I'm even willing to bet William Blount has a great chance to win that one. They have a lot of players but that is what happens when you play all your starters the entire game the year before, leaves you nothing for the next year and it sure showed.

You're correct. We're also a very young team as well this year. Most the guys that did play that wasn't starters was about all SR as well. Walker Valley and maybe William Blount could be our only wins this season. Others we will have to fight hard to try to come away with a W. 

Like you said tho,  I would have loved to see our freshman, sophs and other backups play in our games and especially when we did get blower out by Maryville knowing it was over in the first half. I am excited to see Standifer and our sophomore WR Tray have fun this year tho. Be fun watching them connect this year. 

1 minute ago, DaBears1976 said:

You're correct. We're also a very young team as well this year. Most the guys that did play that wasn't starters was about all SR as well. Walker Valley and maybe William Blount could be our only wins this season. Others we will have to fight hard to try to come away with a W. 

Like you said tho,  I would have loved to see our freshman, sophs and other backups play in our games and especially when we did get blower out by Maryville knowing it was over in the first half. I am excited to see Standifer and our sophomore WR Tray have fun this year tho. Be fun watching them connect this year. 

They will beat the Raiders again.

Just now, DaBears1976 said:

I hope so. Just not getting my hopes up just yet until we actually have a couple of real meaningful games. 

They will be fine.  I’m not a homer either.  I don’t have a kid over there.  They have a good coach that the kids respect and play hard for.  

1 minute ago, DonDraper said:

They will be fine.  I’m not a homer either.  I don’t have a kid over there.  They have a good coach that the kids respect and play hard for.  

It will be fun to watch Standifer and Tray this year. Talked to Floyd's son the other day. Tray is already being looked at a lot what I hear. Next Tucker or better.

Bradley was much better than Catholic!

Knox West had a better Defense but not as physical up front as BC on offense.

Alcoa is playing much better football than they did at the first of last year. Hopefully they improve as much as that team did last season. The running game and Oline is there.The passing game needs a little improvement on the deep ball. The LB's and secondary need a little more reps. But should get much better with each game. The Dline gets after it! Kicking game is solid.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know BC saw it one way and I did the another because I seen Bradley twice last year play Maryville and totally a different team. I'm sure they have some good players with a squad that big in size to choose from but it wasn't the Bradley that came to town last year and fought to the end.

I think ManMan's hit took the fight out of them and really set the tone for the acrimmage. I dont think they were expecting a 3A team to be that physical. 

One of the BC parents said Alcoa must be good for a small school if BC was scrimmaging them.

BC was caught flat footed, but I do think they are down from last yr

Edited by 32hammer
Grammar

4 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I think ManMan's hit took the fight out of them and really set the tone for the acrimmage. I dont think they were expecting a 3A team to be that physical. 

One of the BC parents said Alcoa must be good for a small school if BC was scrimmaging them.

BC was caught flat footed, but I do think they are down from last yr

Everyone in the state that follows high school football knows exactly how good of a football program Alcoa is. Floyd does this every year to try to get the team prepared. Scrimmages state champs, Blackman and whoever. Good thing about him. We knew it wouldn't be pretty Friday, but that's a lot of practice for us to get ready for the season.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:04 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I went to that yesterday because I wanted to see Alcoa plus how Bradley looked losing that many starters from last year. Bradley will be lucky to win 3 or 4 ballgames this year their that bad.  I'm even willing to bet William Blount has a great chance to win that one. They have a lot of players but that is what happens when you play all your starters the entire game the year before, leaves you nothing for the next year and it sure showed.

There is no chance William Blount will beat Bradley.