Peabody @ Milan

FightingBlue0

22 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Oh absolutely. Back then we just had poor play calling/ poor defense. I mean the coaches didn’t even put kids in the right spots lol. The year we played goodpasture and got steam rolled, every play was either a QB keep or trap inside. 

I didn’t get to go to that game. I did play for coach Haney and coach Scott when I was in high school 

7 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I didn’t go to the game last night, but any tide fans can give me the scoop on about the boy that threw the American flag down on the sidelines?

I was there but I didn’t see it. I’m sure if it happened whomever it was didn’t know any better 

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

I didn’t go to the game last night, but any tide fans can give me the scoop on about the boy that threw the American flag down on the sidelines?

I was there.  I wish I made note of which player it was.  I'm sure there is video that would say who it was.  When they first came through I was proud they included an American flag among the 2 spirit flags.  Then I noticed the spirit flags were held much higher than the American flag.  About that time I realized that, the player that had the American flag tossed it on the side lines.  I about come unglued in my mind.   Within a matter of a few seconds, #76 (Walters I believe) picked it up and put it up respectably.  I was about ready to take it to Haney, but I wasn't sure if maybe I was the only one that noticed.  Regardless, I was proud that 76 grabbed it as soon as he realized it.    Overall this wasn't a proud Peabody moment.  If we can't respect the flag, then don't run out with it.     

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I was there.  I wish I made note of which player it was.  I'm sure there is video that would say who it was.  When they first came through I was proud they included an American flag among the 2 spirit flags.  Then I noticed the spirit flags were held much higher than the American flag.  About that time I realized that, the player that had the American flag tossed it on the side lines.  I about come unglued in my mind.   Within a matter of a few seconds, #76 (Walters I believe) picked it up and put it up respectably.  I was about ready to take it to Haney, but I wasn't sure if maybe I was the only one that noticed.  Regardless, I was proud that 76 grabbed it as soon as he realized it.    Overall this wasn't a proud Peabody moment.  If we can't respect the flag, then don't run out with it.     

Agreed. The bad thing about it people are sticking up for the individual that did it. This blows my mind, but props to Walters on being respectful to our country. I know nothing will happen to this kid because that’s how the dice is rolled.  

18 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Agreed. The bad thing about it people are sticking up for the individual that did it. This blows my mind, but props to Walters on being respectful to our country. I know nothing will happen to this kid because that’s how the dice is rolled.  

I had no idea people were sticking up for the individual.  I could care less who it was... It was beyond disrespectful.  I have the description of who I noticed, but I didn't take the exact number in my mind.  i don't guess I was expecting it.  I did take notice when I saw the player's number that picked it up.  I will always hold him in high regard.   

Editing to add that I saw the apology made on Facebook.  The apology truly sounded genuine.   He owned his mistake and said it was all in the heat of the moment.   Some would never apologize, so I’m proud he did!  

Edited by TPeabodyGT