South Pittsburg vs Boyd Bucs (Grider against that Rodriguez man)

Southtowner

14 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

That Boy from Grundy you're talking about is his brother. Whitwell and SP have comparable speed. Whitwell has great team speed. SP may win but it won't be because of speed.

Whitwell has much more speed in the backfield than SP. It’s not even close. You boys probably have the two best RBs in the entire valley on the same team. Whitwell has no excuses not to make the semifinals with a very good senior class. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

Whitwell has much more speed in the backfield than SP. It’s not even close. You boys probably have the two best RBs in the entire valley on the same team. Whitwell has no excuses not to make the semifinals with a very good senior class. 

I agree. No excuses not to get it done this year. All on coaching, we have the talent.

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

SP doesn’t have the speed at RB Whitwell has this season. I think SP does have good team speed overall when you take into account the linemen as well. That’s what I saw last week at the jamboree. Just my opinion about it. 

If he is talking about speed on the edge that’s where 3 plays and he sets just as good as anyone I have seen so far 

Edited by AllAboutTheW

17 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

I agree. No excuses not to get it done this year. All on coaching, we have the talent.

Don’t forget your coach is still a rookie.  He inherited a great group of young men with a lot of abilities, but against veteran coaches he may not be able to get you over that jump just yet.  Case and point was our playoff game last year.  We seen something that we could exploit and y’all tried doing something different than what you did the first meeting.  Typical rookie coaching versus a veteran.  Nothing to be ashamed about.  He will be a fantastic coach for many years.  I like him based on interviews and I’m glad he’s got y’all proud.  

I said it a few years back when I first seen Wingo at Grundy our last time playing them.  I went up to him after the game and told him I thought he was the best player on the field that night.  He removed himself from the rest of the team who were trying to cause problems going into the locker room.  I wish he would have came to SP when he decided to leave, but Whitwell I believe is a better fit for him.  I hope he goes on to college and plays.  Seems like a great young man.  

5 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Don’t forget your coach is still a rookie.  He inherited a great group of young men with a lot of abilities, but against veteran coaches he may not be able to get you over that jump just yet.  Case and point was our playoff game last year.  We seen something that we could exploit and y’all tried doing something different than what you did the first meeting.  Typical rookie coaching versus a veteran.  Nothing to be ashamed about.  He will be a fantastic coach for many years.  I like him based on interviews and I’m glad he’s got y’all proud.  

I said it a few years back when I first seen Wingo at Grundy our last time playing them.  I went up to him after the game and told him I thought he was the best player on the field that night.  He removed himself from the rest of the team who were trying to cause problems going into the locker room.  I wish he would have came to SP when he decided to leave, but Whitwell I believe is a better fit for him.  I hope he goes on to college and plays.  Seems like a great young man.  

Thanks man! He is a good kid just a pain in my..... 

10 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I agree. Coach Boldin and Coach Coley have fantastic futures. Still can't make excuses not to get over the hump.Wingo is a fantastic player and kid. Whitwell lucky to have him.  Best of luck to SP this year.