Eagleville @ Cornersville

dawgswin

General,

No disrespect, but I would say that if Forrest played Cornersville at the end of the season, the Rockets would not have stood a chance, just my opinion.  I know that Forrest won most of their 4 games at the end of the season but Cornersville was finding out their identity.  They figured out that winning was a good thing and they wanted more of it.  They were doing whatever it took to win those games and to continue their streak.  Randolph had those kids focused and prepared for just about anything.  Its bad that I have seen both sides of this rivalry, having been a student at each school but graduating from Cornersville.  But here's to the continuous winning on the south side of the county as well finding that 1st win of the season on the north end of the county.  Good luck the rest of the season and here's to making the playoffs for all 3 teams from the county.    

No way to predict what would have happened but Forrest would have  more than stood a chance. The 4-7 team would probably have hurt some bulldog feelings. The toughest team on CHS' schedule was barely in the Rocket's top 5. Plus, CHS struggled with a Moore-less Fayetteville team. Great season down there and there's no reason we shouldn't be playing in high and middle school every year. 

13 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

2016 Forrest wouldve run you off the field.  Any year before that same thing.  Last year wouldve been a toss up.  We scrimmaged you.  Looked even.  Similar losses to Eagleville last year except we lost by 1 in OT and yall got smoked. 

If I remember correctly, all Cornersville stud backs and secondary players were in baseball at the time for that scrimmage and I beleive it was tied. But I do, agree no reason we shouldn’t play each other every year in the regular season. 

Salem, I respect your opinion but the teams Cornersville played in the playoffs would have run Forrest right off the field especially Huntingdon and Lake Co.  We can go back and forth about who would win.  I say Cornersville, you say Forrest but we will never know.  

But I will say Cornersville can handle Eagleville's wide receiver and QB.  I believe their secondary will be okay against their wide receiver and their front 7 can handle the QB.  

1 hour ago, rnorris92 said:

Salem, I respect your opinion but the teams Cornersville played in the playoffs would have run Forrest right off the field especially Huntingdon and Lake Co.  We can go back and forth about who would win.  I say Cornersville, you say Forrest but we will never know.  

But I will say Cornersville can handle Eagleville's wide receiver and QB.  I believe their secondary will be okay against their wide receiver and their front 7 can handle the QB.  

Agree. Now hope we get relentless pressure on Eagleville QB. Secondary played very well last week. 

Go Dawgs

I will be honest, last year's game was hard to watch. It was like the guys from Cornersville didn't show up to play. I talked to 4 of the seniors tonight and I can tell you, they are not letting that happen again. Most of what they said was "we can't come out flat and get down early". Also, I love the philosophy from the coaches of one rep, one practice, one day, one game at a time. This will be a great game as Eagleville has tremendous athletes as does Cornersville. Eagleville somewhat struggled with a much improved Huntland team, which was a game heading into the 4th quarter from the scores I saw. Seems like Huntland ran out of steam. This will be a great game to watch and weather is supposed to be perfect. 

Edited by Jobres76