Mightee Okelund comes two 825

STARSNBARS

This was my first trip to Maryville and I will say I was not disappointed. You all have a great atmosphere for a HS football game. One of the most disciplined teams I have ever seen. 

Very proud of my Pat's and the heart our kids showed. You can see why both these teams are always mentioned with championships. 

I think it's crazy for a guy to say we were two plays from getting blown out. This is football and those things happen. We could say we were two plays from blowing Maryville out but I dont because big plays and timely mistakes are what make this sport so great. Maryville kids bowed up the last 3 minutes to get the offense back the ball.  I didnt like our play when it was 3rd and 2 but again, its football. 

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hats off to Maryville tonight, they did what they always do, make big plays in big moments. I hope Hodge isnt hurt long term, thatd be a big blow. Both teams made mistakes that had swung the game a few times. Oakland killed at least 3 different drives in the first half due to penalties, going ultra vanilla didnt help matters. Really impressed with the poise by Brevin Linnell in the 2nd half, making a few throws helped open up the offense in the 2nd half. Usually a 14 pt deficit is certain defeat at Maryville but they almost found a way to get it done

Another very well called game offensively for Maryville. They now exactly how to hit Oakland, it doesnt always work, but they have been the one team that can consistently move the ball on them over the last 5 years. As always, Maryville doesnt dissapoint when it comes to a first class enviroment. However, I think you guys might have a Yankee as a PA announcer with the say he says MARY-Ville and not Mairvul

WOW!! STARZ PLEASE GIVE THIS MAN A JOB AND CHANGE HIS NAME!! WHAT A HOMER..HE WOULD BE A GREAT ANNOUNCER FOR EAST TENN FOOTBALL!!:thumb:

#LOP 

5 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

This was my first trip to Maryville and I will say I was not disappointed. You all have a great atmosphere for a HS football game. One of the most disciplined teams I have ever seen. 

Very proud of my Pat's and the heart our kids showed. You can see why both these teams are always mentioned with championships. 

I think it's crazy for a guy to say we were two plays from getting blown out. This is football and those things happen. We could say we were two plays from blowing Maryville out but I dont because big plays and timely mistakes are what make this sport so great. Maryville kids bowed up the last 3 minutes to get the offense back the ball.  I didnt like our play when it was 3rd and 2 but again, its football. 

OE glad ewe liked thangs att tha Skeetur......:popcorneater:

2 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

You should come back if the two teams ever make it to a semifinal game there. It’s a little better when it’s 55 gegrees and dark at kickoff. But no complaints here. Okelund has a good team and will be very hard to beat in the playoffs. The TO was huge. Old mo definitely changed sides. Credit to murvil for answering at the end against one the best defenses they will see this year.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic