Mightee Okelund comes two 825

STARSNBARS

On 8/25/2018 at 11:03 PM, pepvol said:

And that is why you have such a hard time relating to Maryville fans ... I can't imagine Maryville fans spending their time bashing a team , or relishing High school kids crying or hurting from a loss . You never see A bunch of us Maryville fans reaching out to console or comfort kids who put all their heart into winning a Game . My Heart hurt for those Oakland kids who gave everything they had and had an Awesome comeback , only to lose in the last few seconds ... You weren't there to see a bunch of Maryville fans reaching out , shaking those 14-18 year old boys hands , and giving them encouragement and letting them know how much we admired their effort and Heart , and how much we hoped they would get another Chance at our Boys . Any Adult man who actually wore a uniform would know how much of their Heart and Soul went into winning a Game and would admire how hard the other team played only to come up short in the last few seconds ... You think Maryville fans only care about winning ... some of my Proudest Moments have been watching our Boys handle defeat with Class and dignity ... so yes , I understand why you can't relate to us Maryville fans 

Not that my opinion matters much, but I personally witnessed how the Maryville fans conducted themselves after the game. I was standing with several of our players as Maryville folks came by to slap our kids on the back and tell them they had played a fantastic game and they were proud of their fight and how much heart they had shown. I watched as more than a dozen different folks came up to our QB and told him they were impressed with his grit. One guy even told him he had enjoyed watching him grow over the past couple of seasons. Say what you will about perceived arrogance or whatever, but I have personally witnessed these fans congratulating our kids after wins and after losses. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

And as far as the game goes, I was truly proud to be a Patriot Friday night. Our kids continued to shoot themselves in the foot with drive-killing penalties in the first half. All 3 drives ended in Maryville territory, partly because of those penalties. They regrouped during halftime and came out fighting. There were several points in that game where things could have went south even further. I was truly proud of their fortitude. They fought until the very end and I believe this game will propel the rest of the season. Two great teams went at it and two great teams finished the game. I hope each of us handle our business and can hook horns again! What a great atmosphere and what a great display of heart!! Go Pats!!!!

7 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

And as far as the game goes, I was truly proud to be a Patriot Friday night. Our kids continued to shoot themselves in the foot with drive-killing penalties in the first half. All 3 drives ended in Maryville territory, partly because of those penalties. They regrouped during halftime and came out fighting. There were several points in that game where things could have went south even further. I was truly proud of their fortitude. They fought until the very end and I believe this game will propel the rest of the season. Two great teams went at it and two great teams finished the game. I hope each of us handle our business and can hook horns again! What a great atmosphere and what a great display of heart!! Go Pats!!!!

It was a great game! Playoff atmosphere!

45 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

What a great atmosphere and what a great display of heart!! Go Pats!!!!

Kinda makes you want to plow up that track at Ray Hughes and scoot the stands closer together. I hate the cookie cutter mile and a half ovals stadiums that architects design for schools. I ran track and we never needed the stadium except to run up and down for track. #NoTracksAtFootballFields

I know they can't go back and change them all, but new schools shouldn't have them. 

PS: Hardin Valley is the worst. It's like having two tracks around their stadium. 

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Kinda makes you want to plow up that track at Ray Hughes and scoot the stands closer together. I hate the cookie cutter mile and a half ovals stadiums that architects design for schools. I ran track and we never needed the stadium except to run up and down for track. #NoTracksAtFootballFields

I know they can't go back and change them all, but new schools shouldn't have them. 

PS: Hardin Valley is the worst. It's like having two tracks around their stadium. 

I completely agree!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Compton said:

This is my last post on this thread because it's time 2 move on an focus on mcminn county. Fans like pepvol that I truly respect and along with several other rebel fans I respect makes it hard for me 2 continue taking shots. No I'm not aligning pepvol with me, he is still family 2 the maryville crew and should be. I already predicted that maryville will beat Oakland by 4, I was off by 1. In my opinion just for this season that Alcoa is on a different level and lord willing Sept 7 I'm going Alcoa 38-24. Certain rebel fans need 2 realize that all Alcoa can do on that night is beat their team on the scoreboard. Alcoa isn't coming to smash, their vehicles, vandalized, their homes, its not life or death and Alcoa fans are going 2 trash talk them on these threads

You sir are a toilet monkey.

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

That's what happens when a "Track School" builds a football stadium!

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:38 AM, rebelwoman87 said:

I don’t eat them IBB. But I still bake them. Lol I didn’t bring any to the Catholic game because I knew it was gonna rain. Sorry buddy. I’ll bring some to a hoops game this winter. I’m sure we’ll run into each other at the district tournament. 

Need to get some before we get shipped out to the private division. Still dreading those Tuesday night games in Nashville. Wait until the parents of the non-driving athletes have to start picking their kids up at 1:00 a.m. or wait up on their kids to drive home when they live in Jeff City, Maryville, etc.

• CoachT locked this topic