Mightee Okelund comes two 825

STARSNBARS

That was a great game. Neither team played great, but both played with a ton of heart. Murvils penalties and turnover were uncharacteristic. Okelund looked a little lost at times offensively. Both teams will get better-it’s only week two. Okelund was ready to throw in the towel until the turnover. Great job by them of taking advantage of that opportunity. Murvil fails on a trick play with a couple of minutes left, and okelund celebrates the win. Murvil doesn’t give up and found the plays to win-defense bows up and offense gets it to number 3. Lots of things for both teams to build on. My only negative was that there was too much “look at me” last night during the celebrations, and it wasn’t from the mid-tn team. I’m sure the young ball coach will quickly correct that. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Edited by strongx

30 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

No need to apologize buddy. People think that all the time. He’s a Mairvulian, just don’t sound like it lol 

He THINKS he's being very proper, but everyone I know thinks he's missing a screw. The state of Maryland is not pronounced Ma-ry-land. Nothing personal, but I'd like an announcer who would pronounce the name like it should be.

Edited by OldRebel2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hats off to Maryville tonight, they did what they always do, make big plays in big moments. I hope Hodge isnt hurt long term, thatd be a big blow. Both teams made mistakes that had swung the game a few times. Oakland killed at least 3 different drives in the first half due to penalties, going ultra vanilla didnt help matters. Really impressed with the poise by Brevin Linnell in the 2nd half, making a few throws helped open up the offense in the 2nd half. Usually a 14 pt deficit is certain defeat at Maryville but they almost found a way to get it done

Another very well called game offensively for Maryville. They now exactly how to hit Oakland, it doesnt always work, but they have been the one team that can consistently move the ball on them over the last 5 years. As always, Maryville doesnt dissapoint when it comes to a first class enviroment. However, I think you guys might have a Yankee as a PA announcer with the say he says MARY-Ville and not Mairvul

Boy, I’ve know ole Judkins for years. He’s Murvul born and raised. His daddy was a good feller and a friend of mine. His dad was there when Heritage’s coach ‘Rainbow’ acquired his nickname. He sounded more like Bob Kessling last night.i didn’t think we were ever going to figure out where that kid was supposed to go to meet up with someone. 

2 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

He THINKS he's being very proper, but everyone I know thinks he's missing a screw. The state of Maryland is not pronounced Ma-ry-land. Nothing personal, but I'd like an announcer who would pronounce the name like it should be.

Mair-Vul.....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

8 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hats off to Maryville tonight, they did what they always do, make big plays in big moments. I hope Hodge isnt hurt long term, thatd be a big blow. Both teams made mistakes that had swung the game a few times. Oakland killed at least 3 different drives in the first half due to penalties, going ultra vanilla didnt help matters. Really impressed with the poise by Brevin Linnell in the 2nd half, making a few throws helped open up the offense in the 2nd half. Usually a 14 pt deficit is certain defeat at Maryville but they almost found a way to get it done

Another very well called game offensively for Maryville. They now exactly how to hit Oakland, it doesnt always work, but they have been the one team that can consistently move the ball on them over the last 5 years. As always, Maryville doesnt dissapoint when it comes to a first class enviroment. However, I think you guys might have a Yankee as a PA announcer with the say he says MARY-Ville and not Mairvul

MTF.......goodur brake down......Hodge wuz jist crampin.....Okelund maid a heck ov a comebaick and both teems played hard az sx sed.....Hoap Okelund's enjured kids ere ok......:thumb:

• CoachT locked this topic