Oak Ridge and DB

bounder

5 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I heard a key senior drummer broke a finger at band camp this summer and DB's band is finding it hard to find next drummer up.

I appreciate the fondness for DB band on this thread.  They are something to be proud of.  Condensed version coming down to atomic city this week.  I had hoped to compete with Greeneville last Friday, but never thought we would win.  However, this week will be different.  I watched the cats entire game against Hopeless Valley last week.   I expect a solid performance from DB in a bounce back win, 24-14.  Let's get the predictions going, just for friendly fun....

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

I appreciate the fondness for DB band on this thread.  They are something to be proud of.  Condensed version coming down to atomic city this week.  I had hoped to compete with Greeneville last Friday, but never thought we would win.  However, this week will be different.  I watched the cats entire game against Hopeless Valley last week.   I expect a solid performance from DB in a bounce back win, 24-14.  Let's get the predictions going, just for friendly fun....

Good post.

I believe the Wildcats take this game 23 - 14. OR's defense is not good but great. 

1 hour ago, bounder said:

After reading all this stuff, I think Oak Ridge might make a little progress and could be a little better. Course we will still be little , slow, scrawny and sickly. Hope the big, strong and fast Injuns take it easy on us!

WILDCAT PRIDE

WILDCATS ROLL

The Wildcats are also so dumb, Gaddis has to draw the plays with a stick in the dirt.

1 hour ago, johndeere said:

Hopeless Valley - that's cute! :thumb: Oak Ridge lost a scrimmage to Marvul too - if that helps you find some confidence.  HVA clearly struggled to generate offense against what I believe is a tough OR defense. But in fairness - based on your wise ciphering - HVA may just suck as bad as DB this year.  Too soon to tell for any of the teams though (other than Greeneville and Alcoa).  And I would say it only becomes hopeless when you quit or start building Friday night around the halftime show.  #anygivennight

I CAN say that HVA defensively pushed pretty hard on the Wiley Wildcats but couldn't keep them from squirting out a couple times for big plays - lots of weapons and speed on O.  Throw in an inopportune blitz with a backup safety out of position and OR was able to get some easy points off 1 of the 4 passes they threw. - but we all know DB has those shutdown corners and safeties to protect this week.  The first half was fairly tight Friday, but OR made the right adjustments at the half and showed their coaches were clearly superior.

DB has no excuse for the loss that is coming on Friday, but I would chalk it up to good coaches vs not-so-good coaches at the end of the day.  I am certain there are athletes and motivation to win from the players on both sides.  DB has to find someone to step up and replace #28 that graduated out (big play maker on O, D, and special teams last year).  Not having #4 probably hurts worse on the D-line, but he is also a beast of a backup at running back.  I predict DB loses the chess match 24 to 13. 

Edited by RebelAtHeart