South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (The Captain against that Cox man)

Southtowner

20 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

Is David Lipscomb a D2 private school?

Yes, they are D2. I looked at scores. They are 0-2, but have lost to two really big private schools and both games were close.  I think Whitwell is the best team on the schedule, but Lipscomb could end up being the best team on SP’s regular season schedule as well. 

19 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, they are D2. I looked at scores. They are 0-2, but have lost to two really big private schools and both games were close.  I think Whitwell is the best team on the schedule, but Lipscomb could end up being the best team on SP’s regular season schedule as well. 

The only game we have left until the playoffs is Grace Christian Academy. Our region is way down this year I would say Oliver Springs will finish second this year and we should mercy rule them.

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I went ahead and created this website for all my Pirate friends, family and anyone else to talk about our region game coming up against those Sale Creek boys and anything else yall wanna talk about.  PirateMike I looked for you tonight but I didn't see you.  I see D60 is back down on the field taking those fantastic pictures of his. I was wondering if that Sherrill man didn't want him in his pressbox and demoted him back down to general population?  Thoughts?

Sorry bud, I was struggling to even get out of bed.   One day at a time.  Hopefully when I am able to come to a game, I get to see a lot of those younguns play.  I keep hearing great things about them this year and how much they have progressed.  Our QB reminds me of Josh Dobbs former UT QB.  He starts off slow but once he gets a few completions and a few runs, his confidence builds and starts playing up to his ability.  I’m hearing that we play a lot of kids in and out so that’s great preparation for the playoffs for depth, and adequate playing time to build upon for next years since we are sophomore and junior heavy. 

Games like Sale Creek can be where injuries occur.  Pray there’s no injuries.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Sorry bud, I was struggling to even get out of bed.   One day at a time.  Hopefully when I am able to come to a game, I get to see a lot of those younguns play.  I keep hearing great things about them this year and how much they have progressed.  Our QB reminds me of Josh Donna former UT QB.  He starts off slow but once he gets a few completions and a few runs, his confidence builds and starts playing up to his ability.  I’m hearing that we play a lot of kids in and out so that’s great preparation for the playoffs for depth, and adequate playing time to build upon for next years since we are sophomore and junior heavy. 

Games like Sale Creek can be where injuries occur.  Pray there’s no injuries.  

I understand.  We didn't look too awfully bad last night.  Put the ball on the ground a couple times, dropped a couple passes, a couple penalties that led to us having to bring the ball back on a long run and had to punt. The punt was shanked and gave Boyd the short field for their lone score.  I see a lot of growing up already on this team though. As the season wears on we'll get there. Just need to put in the work and get those reps in.

Edited by Southtowner
Oops

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I understand.  We didn't look too awfully bad last night.  Put the ball on the ground a couple times, dropped a couple passes, a couple penalties that led to us having to bring the ball back on a long run and had to punt. The punt was shanked and gave Boyd the short field for their lone score.  I see a lot of growing up on this team though. As the season wears on we'll get there. Just need to put in the work and get those reps in.

Gotcha