South Pittsburg vs Sale Creek (The Captain against that Cox man)

Southtowner

3 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

The only game we have left until the playoffs is Grace Christian Academy. Our region is way down this year I would say Oliver Springs will finish second this year and we should mercy rule them.

It's a guarantee that Greenback will be in the semifinals. I would say it's also a guarantee that y'all will play us or Whitwell. It's crazy that the east as a whole is so weak this year that you have locks already for the playoffs. Coalfield lost way too much to compete with y'all.

10 hours ago, powerp said:

It's a guarantee that Greenback will be in the semifinals. I would say it's also a guarantee that y'all will play us or Whitwell. It's crazy that the east as a whole is so weak this year that you have locks already for the playoffs. Coalfield lost way too much to compete with y'all.

Brother after Huntingdon and Coalfield last year we all know their is no guarantee for any of us.We are prime for an upset until we get our chemistry back.We made strides last week but our D is still behind our O by a good bunch.We have to focus 1 week at a time and keep improving till we get some of our help back.Long season and all us small schools have to avoid injuries.I do hope for a rematch for the semis i enjoy going to South Pitt and if these two make it again it will be one heck of a venue!

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Brother after Huntingdon and Coalfield last year we all know their is no guarantee for any of us.We are prime for an upset until we get our chemistry back.We made strides last week but our D is still behind our O by a good bunch.We have to focus 1 week at a time and keep improving till we get some of our help back.Long season and all us small schools have to avoid injuries.I do hope for a rematch for the semis i enjoy going to South Pitt and if these two make it again it will be one heck of a venue!

Your first and second round games will be cupcakes. 3rd round may be a little tougher but I still think it will be an easy win for y'all . Our 3rd round will be really tough. My whole point is it's not like it use to be where you had to come ready every week like 2007 when SP had a great team and had to face Trousdale, Gordonsville, Friendship, and Hampton in a row. That team was really good but a lot of people forget about the level of competition they played. Not to mention the McKenzie team they boat waxed had several college players on it.

Edited by powerp

9 minutes ago, powerp said:

Your first and second round games will be cupcakes. 3rd round may be a little tougher but I still think it will be an easy win for y'all . Our 3rd round will be really tough. My whole point is it's not like it use to be where you had to come ready every week like 2007 when SP had a great team and had to face Trousdale, Gordonsville, Friendship, and Hampton in a row. That team was really good but a lot of people forget about the level of competition they played. Not to mention the McKenzie team they boat waxed had several college players on it.

I completely agree,now days the kids are so easily distracted because of media and everyone telling them how good they are.I can see it with a couple of our players and they get stupid penalties from being lazy and these things will burn us in a close competitive game.The competition this year im not sure about yet.OS looks to be much improved along with Midway and Coalfield is no slouch.Should we lose to them?Heck no,but im not sold on our mental toughness just yet.If we were to play that playoff game last year against you all right now we dont win.Season is just started thank goodness becuase we need the work!

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I completely agree,now days the kids are so easily distracted because of media and everyone telling them how good they are.I can see it with a couple of our players and they get stupid penalties from being lazy and these things will burn us in a close competitive game.The competition this year im not sure about yet.OS looks to be much improved along with Midway and Coalfield is no slouch.Should we lose to them?Heck no,but im not sold on our mental toughness just yet.If we were to play that playoff game last year against you all right now we dont win.Season is just started thank goodness becuase we need the work!

Still a long season to go. I’d say most teams are still needing some fundamental work. 

For now I say just take it one game at a time. Teams will settle down and start coming together. You and I both know on any given Friday night any team has that chance to win or pull an upset so to say! 

As for SP this week, this should be another tune up game for our boys. Starters need to get their reps then put in some young guys. 

Good luck again to your GB young men and hopefully we will get to meet up in SP later this year. 

On 8/24/2018 at 10:35 PM, Southtowner said:

I went ahead and created this website for all my Pirate friends, family and anyone else to talk about our region game coming up against those Sale Creek boys and anything else yall wanna talk about.  PirateMike I looked for you tonight but I didn't see you.  I see D60 is back down on the field taking those fantastic pictures of his. I was wondering if that Sherrill man didn't want him in his pressbox and demoted him back down to general population?  Thoughts?

please let Roy show back up occasionally......u think Booger joking, Booger ant.....

Booger just sayin Roy Dillard

• Upvote 1