Trousdale vs Watertown for Region Title?

tcjacket13

On 8/25/2018 at 11:17 AM, H2Oman said:

We all know that Lebanon’s D1 recruit is not due to his talent level, yet his size and what they think he can turn into in a few years. If your fans said it yourself on your on thread when you played Lebanon. 

As for you all wining if we turn the ball over a few times. I totally agree and yes you guys will make some plays because your team is good, but you want have the night on the ground that you have had the last couple of weeks. 

I have been trolling your pages the last couple of weeks and somehow most of your fans think you are predestined for the state championship and because you beat us 42-0 last year it automatically are going to do the same thing this year. You may beat us, but I would almost garuantee if your team comes out as have as cocky as your fan base that you will lose!

There’s a very fine line between cocky and CONFIDENT. And beating Friendship without the starting QB and RB, makes you wonder what this team will be like when they are full strength. As for the RB position, I think TC needs to keep things like they are. The Satterfield kid is averaging around 175 yards a game against 2 tough opponents. Trousdale’s line is the best it has been in years. Watertown better have some big uglies up front if they want to keep pace with this Trousdale team. Watertown’s offense works to TC’s weakness and that is defending the pass. They had a nice little challenge against FC. They committed 4 Pass Interferences, but was still able to weather the storm. My prediction in this game is TC-34 Watertown-20. This will more than likely be round 1 of 2! 

27 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

TC plays Whitwell right now.

But it doesn't make sense to play Tyner, Marion and Boyd all as non-region games for multiple reasons.

For starters it hurts the gate. Fans aren't gonna travel that far for a regular season non-region game. Sure it will pull some fans because its a good game. But not on the level of Oakland vs Maryville.

There isn't a matchup out there that could compare to Oakland vs Maryville, but the game that makes the most sense here is a home and home, Trousdale County vs South Pittsburg, that would be a game that would draw a huge crowd and make both teams better, relive the rivalry without one of us going home afterward for once lol

Edited by JacketNationFan1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/25/2018 at 3:21 PM, Volstate said:

Trust me you have TC players attention. The price kid got the mvp of Region last year and all they have heard is how Watertown is gonna walk all over them. It may or may not happen. Your playing TC without their best player. But TC will have their best rb back this week. The difference in the first two teams you played is the line of scrimmage. Gordonsville and MJC are both down this year and have no blocking for their backs. But heck you never know until two teams meet and how they stack up. From what all the posts are saying, TC is the underdog and you guys are gonna beat TC bad. Friendship said same thing.  That’s why you play game. 

Honestly, TC doesn’t need to change a thing in their backfield. Satterfield was given the opportunity and delivered. If it was my call, Satterfield is the featured back with #2 and #4 coming in to help deliver the blows. 

7 hours ago, CharlieTweeder said:

There’s a very fine line between cocky and CONFIDENT. And beating Friendship without the starting QB and RB, makes you wonder what this team will be like when they are full strength. As for the RB position, I think TC needs to keep things like they are. The Satterfield kid is averaging around 175 yards a game against 2 tough opponents. Trousdale’s line is the best it has been in years. Watertown better have some big uglies up front if they want to keep pace with this Trousdale team. Watertown’s offense works to TC’s weakness and that is defending the pass. They had a nice little challenge against FC. They committed 4 Pass Interferences, but was still able to weather the storm. My prediction in this game is TC-34 Watertown-20. This will more than likely be round 1 of 2! 

This post actually makes sense and gives some explanation on why you think TC wins. Most of the threads on here just sound like TC will win just because they beat us last year and your TC and we’re H20 so it just automatically means you guys are going to beat us!

We are not overly big up front, but this has been by far the most physical / quick D that I have seen in Watertown. We defend very good side line to side line and have a lot of depth, not many playing on both sides of the ball! Our LB’s fill the gaps very well also!

As for our offense, we have been very balanced so far. We do have a great group of backs and WR’s and our line holds their own. ( so far) I myself don’t see you scoring 34, but feel like this may be a 21- 14 game. Who wins I don’t know, but I really feel like this H2O team COULD be something special if they play up to their abilities.

3 hours ago, H2Oman said:

This post actually makes sense and gives some explanation on why you think TC wins. Most of the threads on here just sound like TC will win just because they beat us last year and your TC and we’re H20 so it just automatically means you guys are going to beat us!

We are not overly big up front, but this has been by far the most physical / quick D that I have seen in Watertown. We defend very good side line to side line and have a lot of depth, not many playing on both sides of the ball! Our LB’s fill the gaps very well also!

As for our offense, we have been very balanced so far. We do have a great group of backs and WR’s and our line holds their own. ( so far) I myself don’t see you scoring 34, but feel like this may be a 21- 14 game. Who wins I don’t know, but I really feel like this H2O team COULD be something special if they play up to their abilities.

TC run game does most of its damage in the run game between the tackles TC still can take the ball 60 yards on outside runs also but just because #21 is a smaller back he still runs hard inside and uses his agility to make defenders look foolish and with I did see Watertown DL on some highlights from Gordonsville game they do look small 

1 hour ago, RTD said:

TC run game does most of its damage in the run game between the tackles TC still can take the ball 60 yards on outside runs also but just because #21 is a smaller back he still runs hard inside and uses his agility to make defenders look foolish and with I did see Watertown DL on some highlights from Gordonsville game they do look small 

Yeah about like BGA front

4 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Let me torpedo something. 

BGA is a mercy rule score better than Watertown

There is no comparison between Watertown and BGA on either side of the ball and especially at the skill position BGA QB, WR and LB will be best three players TC will see all year they must not have seen BGA play to even consider Watertown on BGA level

13 hours ago, snoball5278 said:

during the course of the game trousdale will score a certain number points, water town will not.

the difference in these two numbers will be considered as “a lot” to the majority of fans.

ergo trousdale will win by a lot.

you don’t seem to be a very good “stat nerd” if you need this concept explained.

H20 has gone and awoke a T Legend. Glad to see ole snoball back in action. Another Classic Post Sir! Keep of the work!

12 hours ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

There isn't a matchup out there that could compare to Oakland vs Maryville, but the game that makes the most sense here is a home and home, Trousdale County vs South Pittsburg, that would be a game that would draw a huge crowd and make both teams better, relive the rivalry without one of us going home afterward for once lol

I totally agree. I would even be up for a Classic Kickoff in the 'boro with these 2 meeting halfway possibly at MTSU. Alot of ppl would drive a hr to see that match-up.

Will be a tough game Friday night. TC should be able to move the ball as long as they can minimize the mistakes. TC should be working on defending the pass this week. Had some PIs last week that need to be eliminated. Watertown will see this and most likely attack this weakness all night. Creating some pressure on Mr. Price should help. I question the testings that both teams have faced. Could TC be worn down after facing 2 tough teams (i hope not as its early in the year and if they are then TCs conditioning program has some serious flaws)? How bad are Gordy and MJC? Watertown beat both teams they way they were supposed to beat them. Its no fault of their own that these 2 teams aren't up to a competitive level but hats off to the Purple Tigers for taking care of business and getting the young guys in. I feel that this is setting up to be a battle that will last 4 qrts but based on size and speed, TC pulls away late.  TC-33 H20-21

7 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

H20 has gone and awoke a T Legend. Glad to see ole snoball back in action. Another Classic Post Sir! Keep of the work!

I totally agree. I would even be up for a Classic Kickoff in the 'boro with these 2 meeting halfway possibly at MTSU. Alot of ppl would drive a hr to see that match-up.

Will be a tough game Friday night. TC should be able to move the ball as long as they can minimize the mistakes. TC should be working on defending the pass this week. Had some PIs last week that need to be eliminated. Watertown will see this and most likely attack this weakness all night. Creating some pressure on Mr. Price should help. I question the testings that both teams have faced. Could TC be worn down after facing 2 tough teams (i hope not as its early in the year and if they are then TCs conditioning program has some serious flaws)? How bad are Gordy and MJC? Watertown beat both teams they way they were supposed to beat them. Its no fault of their own that these 2 teams aren't up to a competitive level but hats off to the Purple Tigers for taking care of business and getting the young guys in. I feel that this is setting up to be a battle that will last 4 qrts but based on size and speed, TC pulls away late.  TC-33 H20-21

I love that idea of playing South Pitt at MTSU who knows hopefully it will happen next year